Term of Use of Service
Simplified Term of Service
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services.
- Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to GetGyan for all activities that occur under your account.
- GetGyan reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all Content from any Service.
- Unless you have been expressly authorized to do so in writing by GetGyan, you agree that in using the Services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
- You acknowledge and agree that GetGyan (or GetGyan's licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist).
- By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give GetGyan a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
- You agree that this licence includes a right for GetGyan to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom GetGyan has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.
- You confirm and warrant to GetGyan that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above licence.
- GetGyan may make changes to the Universal Terms or Additional Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, GetGyan will make a new copy of the Universal Terms available at http://www.getgyan.com/about/tos and any new Additional Terms will be made available to you from within, or through, the affected Services.
- You understand and agree that if you use the Services after the date on which the Universal Terms or Additional Terms have changed, GetGyan will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Universal Terms or Additional Terms.
Last Update: December 6, 2008
- This statement applies to GetGyan's products, services and websites worldwide (collectively, GetGyan's "services").
- GetGyan collects personal information when you register for a GetGyan service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. We may combine personal information collected from you with information from other GetGyan services or third parties to provide a better user experience, including customizing content for you.
- GetGyan's servers may automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our products, including the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you've requested, including services that display customized content and advertising.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve GetGyan technologies and services.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties outside of GetGyan.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- GetGyan processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
Last Update: January 8, 2009