Diabetes (diabetes mellitus) is a chronic, degenerative disease caused by insulin deficiencies due to the body being incapable of producing normal insulin levels, or insulin resistance, a condition in which the cells of the body resist insulin`s attempts at regulating blood sugar levels. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas to metabolize glucose, a form of sugar that is one of the primary sources of cells` energy supply. Whether diabetes is caused by insulin resistance or a lack of insulin, the end result in the same: the body is unable to transport enough glucose from the bloodstream into the cells, especially after meals, when blood sugar levels rise as a natural consequence of digestion. There are basically two types of diabetes-
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus (insulin-dependent diabetes)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin-dependent diabetes)
In type 1 diabetes the body doesn’t produce enough insulin to keep blood sugar at normal levels whereas in type 2 diabetes the cells do not properly respond to the insulin. The normal fasting blood sugar is 80-120 mg/dL; this can go up to a level of 160 mg/dL two hours after meals. Type 1 diabetes usually occurs in childhood or adolescence but can develop at any age. These patients need insulin everyday.
Type 2 diabetes is common among adults, especially those who are overweight and over age 40. These people are able to control their blood sugar levels through weight control, regular exercise and a well-balanced diet.
Symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus
Following are the major diabetes symptoms:
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Increase in appetite
- Weight loss in type 1 diabetes
- Obesity in type 2 diabetes
- Skin irritation or infection
- Decreased healing capacity
- Weakness or loss of strength
- Erection problems
Causes of Diabetes
Following are the major diabetes causes:
- Hereditary factors
- Excess intake of carbohydrate foods like chocolates, rice etc
- Insulin deficiency
- Insulin resistance
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Stressful and over burdened life
- Lack of exercise or physical activities
- Excess eating habits
Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes
Following are some of the effective home remedies for diabetes:
- Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning. It is an effective home remedy for diabetes
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel. Take this mixture two times a day before lunch and dinner. It is also good diabetes mellitus treatments.
- Drink a watery juice of a small Bitter Gourd (remove seeds) every morning. It is one of the best home remedies for diabetes.
- Add 3-table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame, and then strain the mixture. Drink this mixture daily to cure diabetes.
- Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) twice a day to reduce sugar.
- Take the juice of crushed fish-berry (amruth) soaked in water for a day first thing in the morning.
- Do regular exercises and yoga
- Lose weight
- Eat fiber rich foods
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily
- Do not take alcohol, soft drinks, and sugary desserts
- Avoid bare foot walking
- Test urine regularly
Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
- Prepare a mixture by adding equal quantities of turmeric powder and dried gooseberry powder with honey or drink equal quantities of gooseberry juice and fresh turmeric juice in an empty stomach daily.
- Eat garlic regularly as it regulates sugar level.
- Dalchini ((Cinnamonum zeylancium) is also an effective herbal remedies for diabetes.
- Bitter melon is wonderful herb in treating diabetes mellitus.
Related Online Articles:
- Vitamins for cardiac health and Heart Tonic for Heart Disease
- Best Vitamins and Food for cell growth division
- How to increase Height Naturally and ways to increase Height
- Stomach Gas Removal and Home Remedies for Stomach Gas
- Sprains Treatment and Home Remedies for Ankle Sprain
- Psoriases Treatment and Natural Cure of Psoriases and Skin Care Tips
- The Immune system and Boost Immune System and How Immune System Works
- Dry Skin Care Tips to get Glowing Skin
- Heart Disease Causes Symptoms Diet Plan Treatments and Home Remedies
- Vitamins are necessary for Healthy Hair and Hair Loss and Hair Growth
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.