Cholesterol, a yellowish fatty material, is one of the necessary ingredients of the body. Though it is vital to life, it has a bad reputation, being a main villain in heart disease. Each person with high blood cholesterol is observed as a potential candidate for heart attack or a stroke. The majority of the cholesterol found in the body is formed in the liver. Yet, about twenty to thirty per cent usually comes from the food we eat.
Causes of Cholesterol
The main causes of high blood cholesterol are
- High blood pressure
- Excessive smoking and drinking
- Intake of high fat diet
Home Remedies for Cholesterol
- The patient suffering from high blood cholesterol should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily as it stimulates the excretory activity of the kidneys. Good Home Remedy to Lower Cholesterol.
- Onion juice reduces cholesterol level and works as a tonic. It cleans blood, helps digestive system, cures insomnia and regulates the heart action & helps in lowering cholesterol. This is a good and simple home remedy for cholesterol.
- A mudpack applied over the abdomen improves digestion and also improves the functioning of the liver and activates kidneys to promote excretion.
- Oat bran 14 is also highly beneficial in lowering the cholesterol levels and is one of the useful home remedies for cholesterol.
- Steam baths are also beneficial but the persons suffering from circulatory disorders and hypertension should not use this water treatment.
- Cold hipbaths for 10 minutes taken twice every day have been proven beneficial. Another Good Home Remedy to Lower Cholesterol.
- Cholesterol treatment - Yogasanas like ardhamatsyaendrasana, shalabhansan, padmasana and vajrasana are also useful in lowering blood cholesterol.
- Regular drinking of coriander water also helps in lowering the blood cholesterol as it stimulates the kidneys. This is a useful cholesterol remedy.
- Soy products or soy compounds known, as isoflavones are the best to regulate the cholesterol levels in the blood. They act as human hormones.
- Sunflower seeds are also highly beneficial in regulating the cholesterol levels and is good herbal remedies for cholesterol.
- Regular exercise also plays an important role in lowering the bad cholesterol and raising the good cholesterol levels. This is one of the best cholesterol treatment.
- Coriander seeds act as good cholesterol remedy. In 1 glass of water, add 2 tbsps of coriander seeds and boil it. Let the infusion cool for some time and then strain it. Drink this mixture thrice in a day.
- Foods rich in cholesterol and saturated fats like eggs; organ meats, cheese, butter, beef, whole milk and vegetable oils should be consumed less. This is very useful diet for cholesterol.
- A rich fiber diet is recommended for the patients with high blood cholesterol levels.
- 15 Almonds 16 and Walnuts 17 are also effective to lower cholesterol and act as natural remedy for Cholesterol.
Diet for cholesterol - Diet high in vitamin B6, choline and inositol are also effective in reducing blood cholesterol. Wheat germ and yeasts are the rich sources.
Lecithin is a fatty food substance that is highly beneficial in controlling cholesterol levels. Egg yolk, vegetable oils, whole grain cereals, soybeans and unpasteurized milk are the best sources of lecithin. This is one of the useful cholesterol treatment.
Boil 10 pieces of cinnamon sticks (2.5cm each) in 5 teacups of water and put a tablespoon of honey and drink this when it is hot. This is very effective natural remedy for cholesterol.
Related Online Articles:
- Liver Cirrhosis Causes Symptoms Diet and Natural Home remedies for Cirrhosis of Liver
- Energy Shot Powder
- Candida Natural Home Remedies and Natural Treatment of Candida Yeast Infection
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- Arthritis Symptoms Causes Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Arthritis
- How to Find a Great Medicare Doctor
- Leucoderma Causes, Symptoms and Natural Cure with Natural Home remedies
- Leucoderma Treatments and Home Remedies for Leucoderma and Vitiligo
- Home Remedies for Liver Disease and causes symptoms and Treatments of Liver Cirrhosis
- Multiple sclerosis Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Multiple sclerosis
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.