The knees are the most easily injured part of the body.The largest and most complicated joint, the knee is used for everything from standing up, sitting, to walking, running, etc. It's a weight-bearing joint that straightens, bends, twists and rotates. All this motion increases your risk of acute or overuse knee injuries.
Acute knee injuries (including torn ligaments and torn cartilage) are often caused by twisting the knee or falling. Sports that involve running and jumping and sudden stopping and turning, such as soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis, and baseball, as well as contact sports such as football, wrestling, and hockey increase the risk of an acute knee injury.
One of the most common causes of knee pain and loss of mobility is the wearing away of the joint's cartilage lining. When this happens, the bones rub against each other, causing significant pain and swelling. The most common cause is a condition known as osteoarthritis. Trauma or direct injury to the knee can also cause osteoarthritis. Without cartilage there is no shock absorption between the bones in the joint, which allows stress to build up in the bones and contributes to pain.
Arthritis is one of the most common causes of joint disorders. More than 42 million people in the United States are diagnosed with arthritis.1 The most common types of arthritis are:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis
Home Remedial Treatment
- Lose that excess weight. Join a gym; prevent your knees from crashing under your excess weight. Apply wintergreen lotion; it produces heat which helps in relieving pain. If that does not suffice, after applying the lotion wrap the area with plastic to maintain the increase in temperature. Be careful to avoid any burns and skin irritation.
- Exercise the joints to strengthen the muscles supporting the joints. This will help in the process of pain alleviation. Stronger muscles mean stronger joints. Some of the most common exercises you can do are swimming, biking or rowing. These are useful for your health without straining your knees.
- Buy a good pair of shoes that give support and absorb impact well. You can use ice compress over the sore knee for not more than 20 minutes for every hour. You can use Bromelain, made from pineapple, a natural anti-inflammatory to speed up healing. For the pain to subdue take three tablets a day till you have recovered. Bromelain can cause dermatitis in some people, if the itching begins stop the dosage.
- Nutritional supplements like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate, niacinamide (vitamin B3), S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe), and vitamin E may also be useful in treating knee pain due to osteoarthritis.
- Herbs like Cat's claw (Uncaria tomentosa), Devil's claw (Harpagophytum procumbens), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), and Boswellia (Boswellia serrata) may also be very useful in addressing this problem.
- An equal proportion of dried Ginger and stem of Heart leaved moonseed should be taken with Chebulic myrobalan twice a day. Take powdered seeds of Bishop's weed or Omum with warm water twice a day.
- Make a decoction of these herbs Hingulesvara rasa, Maha Yogaraja guggulu, Yogaraja guggulu, Simhananda guggulu, Visatinduka vati and Eranda paka to be taken with warm water.
- Make hot paste from seeds of Black phaseolus, leaves of Rasna, Sandal, Castor and Country mallow to be applied on the affected joint.
- You can also make a warm paste by using wheat, castor and turmeric mixed in goat's milk or ghee (a type of clarified butter) on the affected area.
Related Online Articles:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Symptoms Diet and another Treatment for BPH
- How to Increase Height Naturally and How to get Taller
- Nutrition and Diet Basics for Good Health
- Headache Causes, Symptoms and Natural home remedies for Migraine Headache
- Heart Disease Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Coronary Heart Disease
- Bad Breath Causes and Bad Breath Cure using Natural Home Remedies
- Acne Scars Causes Symptoms Types Diet and Home Remedies for Acne Scars
- Sore Throat Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies
- Acne Spot Treatment Remedies
- Home Remedies for Knee pain and Joint Pain Treatment
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.