Amenorrhea is the medical term for the absence of menstrual periods, either on a permanent or temporary basis. Amenorrhea can be classified as primary or secondary. In primary amenorrhea, menstrual periods have never begun (by age 16), whereas secondary amenorrhea is defined as the absence of menstrual periods for three consecutive cycles or a time period of more than six months in a woman who was previously menstruating.
The menstrual cycle can be influenced by many internal factors such as transient changes in hormonal levels, stress, and illness, as well as external or environmental factors. Missing one menstrual period is rarely a sign of a serious problem or an underlying medical condition, but amenorrhea of longer duration may signal the presence of a disease or chronic condition.
What causes amenorrhea?
The normal menstrual cycle occurs because of changing levels of hormones made and secreted by the ovaries. The ovaries respond to hormonal signals from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain, which is, in turn, controlled by hormones produced in the hypothalamus of the brain. Disorders that affect any component of this regulatory cycle can lead to amenorrhea. However, a common cause of amenorrhea in young females sometimes overlooked or misunderstood by the individual and others, is an undiagnosed pregnancy. Amenorrhea in pregnancy is a normal physiological function. Occasionally, the same underlying problem can cause or contribute to either primary or secondary amenorrhea. For example, hypothalamic problems, anorexia or extreme exercise can play a major role in causing amenorrhea depending on the age of the person and if she has experienced menarche.
Precautions for Treating Amenorrhea
- After a swim have a shower immediately, splashing your urethra with plenty of water.
- Don’t share personal things like towels and soaps.
- You must pass urine after sexual intercourse.
- Do you suffer from constipation often? Check it by drinking plenty of water.
- Maintenance of hygiene is crucial.
- UTI (urinary tract infection) is common and recurs frequently in women.
- Avoid the use of diaphragms and spermicidal jellies. They increase the chances of UTI.
- After, intercourse, you must pass urine. Also, splash a lot of water over the genitals and urethra.
- Maintain hygiene during menses.
Home Remedies for Amenorrhea
- To get release from menstrual cramps cover a hot and wet towel about the middle portion or the pelvis. This is very useful home remedy for amenorrhea.
- Take teaspoonful of saffron in half a cup of water and boil it until it condenses upto a tablespoon. Separate this into three equal portions and than consume it three times in a day.
- Make paste of 6 to 8 almonds, half-teaspoon of sesame powder and a teaspoon of honey with a cup of milk or egg yolk. This is very helpful in cramps relieve.
- Every night before sleep drink a glass of milks with half teaspoonful of cinnamon, it is a beneficial home remedy for amenorrhea and also relieves cramps.
- In a cup of water dissolve 2 aspirins, half a teaspoon of sugar and honey and drink this solution when you are missing periods.
- Take a teaspoon of thoroughly grinded mint leaf and one teaspoon of honey two times a day to get relief from stomach pain of amenorrhea.
- For regulation in menstruation, boil a cup of black beans with 5 cups of water and drink half cup of this juice before having meals.
- Drink 2 or 3 glasses of tomato juice daily. It is helpful in improvement of the blood flow in body, which is good for controlling amenorrhea.
- During menstruation reduce intake of caffeine, alcohol and sugar.
- Cook Banana flower with curd, it is also very useful in amenorrhea.
- During heavy menstrual periods Juice prepared from fresh mango bark is an extremely beneficial.
- The best method to avoid a disturbance in your menstrual cycle is to keep a healthy lifestyle, which includes proper diet and exercise activity to attain a healthy weight. Take proper rest during menstrual cycle.
Related Online Articles:
- Diabetes Causes Symptoms Diet Plan and Home Remedies for Diabetes
- Baldness Home Remedies and Natural treatments of Male Baldness
- Natural Home Remedies Acidity and hyperacidity Treatment
- Leg Pain Causes Symptoms Treatment Home Care and Home Remedies for Leg Pain
- Dental care Tips and Causes Symptoms and Treatment for Tooth Discoloration
- Yeast infections causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Yeast infections
- Heart Disease Causes Symptoms Diet Plan Treatments and Home Remedies
- How to increase Height Naturally and ways to increase Height
- Anxiety and Depression Treatment and Natural Home remedies to get rid of Anxiety Depression
- Ringworm treatment and Treatment for Ringworm Rash
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.