Diarrhea refers to the frequent passage of watery unformed stools. It is commonly known as loose motions. It can cause dehydration that in severe cases leads to death. It can be both acute and chronic. The intestine absorbs the water secreted by stomach, liver, and pancreas and from the diet. In case of diarrhea the water is not absorbed properly or sometimes there is excess water secreted by the organs. As a result the intestine is not able to absorb excess of water. People of every age can suffer from diarrhea. Diarrhea for prolonged periods can lead to complications like general weakness due to loss of various vitamins from the body.
Causes of Diarrhea
The various causes of diarrhea are:
- Incomplete digestion of the food consumed
- Putrefaction in the intestinal tract.
- Viral and bacterial infections
- Food allergies
- Bowel disorders
Home Remedies for Diarrhea
- Fresh juice of Indian gooseberry (Amla) taken with lemon juice and sugar is beneficial. Morpheme Amalaki offers pure Amla fruit extract in vegetable capsules (available at www.AyurvedicCure.com)
- Add one teaspoonful of ginger juice in half cup of boiling water and drink hot after every one-hour.
- Diarrhea treatment - Make a mixture by adding 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice and 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Drink this mixture two times a day. This is one of the useful home remedies for diarrhea.
- Banana taken along with curd is also useful for the treatment of loose motions.
- Amaranth seeds and leaves are useful in diarrhea treatment. Make a tea by boiling three cups of water to a boil, then add two teaspoons of seeds, cover it and simmer on low for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of leaves or let it steep for 30 minutes. Drink two cups everyday as this is helpful to heal diarrhea. This remedy is very good home remedy for diarrhea.
- Intake of curd with mango juice and one teaspoon ginger also cures diarrhea.
- Boil water and allow it to cool. Add 3 teaspoons of black pepper and 11/2 teaspoon of kelp to 2 cups of water and drink. This diarhea remedy is very good natural remedy for diarrhea.
- Intake of mango nut powder with water also cures diarrhea.
- In case of acute diarrhea, oral rehydration therapy is the best way to deal with diarrhea.
- Make a paste of a lemon along with seeds and add some salt to it. Take 1 tsp of this paste 2-3 times in a day. This is very effective home remedy for diarrhea.
- Take 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water with each meal.
- Roast 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds. Mix and powder it, add to 4 tsp of yogurt (curd). Take this mixture thrice in a day. This diarrhea remedy is very good and effective home remedy for diarrhea.
- During diarrhea plenty of fluids should be given to the patient.
- Blend handful of chopped red radishes, 1 cup of cold milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch. Drink the mixture slowly. This natural remedy for diarrhea should stop the diarrhea within an hour. Repeat again in 4 hours, if required.
- Doubling the protein intake and carbohydrates is recommended in chronic diarrhea.
- Make a mixture by adding 4 tablespoons of honey with 8 ounces of water. This is a good and one of the simple home remedies for diarrhea.
- Roast fennel and white cumin seeds in equal amounts and take in a dose of 3 grams after every three hours with water.
- Make a powder of 10 grams of dry fruit of Indian gooseberry (Amla) and 5 grams of black Chebulic myrobalan (Haritaki). Take one grams of this mixture twice a day. Good home remedy for diarrhea.
- Mix powder of 12 grams of fennel and 6 grams of white cumin seeds and add 12 grams of unrefined sugar and store it. Take one gram of this mixture every morning and evening for 15 days. This is one of the greatest diet for diarrhea.
- Diet for diarrhea - Add some Spiegel seeds in 125 grams of curd and take it twice a day.Drink 200 grams of buttermilk with roasted cumin seeds and half gram of black salt.
Diet for Diarrhea and Prevention
Brown Rice, ripe Bananas, Apple sauce and toast can be given as a diet during Diarrhea. Toast should have whole wheat and butter or jam should not be added. Apple juice should be avoided as it increases Diarrhea intensity. Liquids should be given frequently to compensate the water loss. Dairy products should be avoided. Fruit juices, Apricots, Peas, Pears and Plums should be avoided. Buttermilk, Yoghurt, Banana and Carrot can be given. Physical activity should be completely curtailed. This is one of the important diet for diarrhea and effective diarrhea cure.
Related Online Articles:
- Gerd Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Gerd
- Kapalbhati Yoga How to do Kapalbhati Yoga
- Best Vitamins Supplements and Food for male impotence
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- Psoriasis Treatment and natural Home Remedies for Psoriasis and Eczema
- Learn how to cope up your crisis with best psychologist and therapist in NYC
- Cure for the Blind and Natural Home Remedies for Blindness
- Pneumonia Causes Symptoms and Natural Treatment of Pneumonia
- Diabetes Causes Symptoms Diet Plan and Home Remedies for Diabetes
- Sore Throat Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.