Type 1 diabetes is much less common than type 2 diabetes and classically affects younger individuals. Type 1 diabetes usually begins before age 40, although there are exceptions. In the United States, the peak age at diagnosis is around 14. Type 1 diabetes is associated with deficiency (or lack) of insulin. It is not known why, but the pancreatic islet cells quit producing insulin in the quantities needed to maintain a normal blood glucose level.Without sufficient insulin, the blood glucose rises to levels which can reason several of the common symptoms of hyperglycemia.These individuals seek medical help when these symptoms arise, but they often will experience weight loss developing over some days associated with the onset of their diabetes. The onset of these first symptoms may be fairly abrupt or more gradual.
Causes of Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes usually develops due to an autoimmune disorder. This is when the body's immune system behaves inappropriately and starts seeing one of its own tissues as foreign. In the case of type 1 diabetes, the islet cells of the pancreas that produce insulin are seen as the "enemy" by mistake. The body then creates antibodies to fight the "foreign" tissue and destroys the islet cells' ability to produce insulin. The lack of enough insulin thereby results in diabetes. It is unknown why this autoimmune diabetes develops. Most often it is a genetic tendency. Sometimes it follows a viral infection such as mumps, rubella, cytomegalovirus, measles, influenza, encephalitis, polio, or Epstein-Barr virus. Certain people are more genetically prone to this happening though why this occurs is not know.Thus, two people may be infected with the equal virus and only one of them who are genetically prone will go on to develop diabetes. Other less ordinary (very rare) causes of type 1 diabetes include injury to the pancreas from toxins, trauma, or after the surgical exclusion of the majority (or all) of the pancreas.
Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease in which blood glucose levels are above normal. People with diabetes have problems converting food to energy. After a meal, food is broken down into a sugar called glucose, which is carried by the blood to cells throughout the body. Cells use the hormone insulin, made in the pancreas, to help them process blood glucose into energy.
People develop type 2 diabetes because the cells in the muscles, liver, and fat do not use insulin properly. Eventually, the pancreas cannot make enough insulin for the body’s needs. As a result, the amount of glucose in the blood increases while the cells are starved of energy. Over the years, high blood glucose damages nerves and blood vessels, leading to complications such as heart disease, stroke, blindness, kidney disease, nerve evils, gum infections, and amputation.
Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
- Prepare a combination by adding equal quantities of turmeric powder and dried gooseberry powder with honey or drink equal quantities of gooseberry juice and fresh turmeric juice in an empty stomach daily.
- Eat garlic regularly as it regulates sugar level.
- Dalchini ((Cinnamonum zeylancium) is also an effective herbal remedies for diabetes.
- Bitter melon is wonderful herb in treating diabetes mellitus.
Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes
Following are some of the effective home remedies for diabetes:
- Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning. It is an effectual home remedy for diabetes.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel. Take this combination two times a day before lunch and dinner. It is also good diabetes mellitus treatments.
- Drink a watery juice of a small Bitter Gourd (remove seeds) each morning. It is one of the best home remedies for diabetes.
- Add 3-table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame, and then strain the mixture. Drink this mixture daily to cure diabetes.
- Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) two times a day to reduce sugar.
- Take the juice of crushed fish-berry (amruth) soaked in water for a day first thing in the morning.
Related Online Articles:
- Liver Cirrhosis Causes Symptoms Diet and Natural Home remedies for Cirrhosis of Liver
- Learn how to cope up your crisis with best psychologist and therapist in NYC
- Diet Chart for Fast Weight Loss and Healthy Weight Loss Tips
- Heart Disease Causes Symptoms Diet Plan Treatments and Home Remedies
- Arthritis Symptoms Causes Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Arthritis
- Arthritis Causes and Symptoms and Home Remedies for Arthritis rheumatoid
- Diabetes and Blood Sugar Remedies and How to Control Diabetes
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- Knee pain Causes, Symptoms, Home Remedies and Natural Cure
- Headache Causes Symptoms and Permanent Cure of Headache
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.