Heart is one of the most important parts of out body as it controls the blood flow. Not only does it caters to regulation the circulation of the blood, but also maintains the level of purity of our blood. While improper diet is the main cause for heart disease, there are also several other reasons that lead to the occurrence of coronary heart disease. The seven major causes of heart diseases are elevated blood levels of cholesterol, elevated blood pressure, elevated blood uric acid levels, certain metabolic disorders, obesity, smoking and lack of physical exercise. The symptoms of it are shortness of breath, chest pain or pain down arm, palpitations, fatigue, fainting, emotional instability, cold hands and feet. Coronary heart disease has become the major cause of death around the world and needs to be controlled. The best way to deal with this disease would be to retreat to the natural remedies.
Home Remedies for Heart Diseases
- Apples have heart-stimulating properties. Patients suffering from a weak heart will benefit greatly by making liberal use of this fruit and apple jam.
- Onions have been found valuable in heart disease. They are useful in normalizing the percentage of blood cholesterol by oxidizing excess cholesterol. One teaspoon of raw onion juice first thing in the morning is beneficial in such cases.
- Honey has got marvelous properties to prevent all sorts of heart disease. It tones up the heart and improves the circulation.It is also effective in cardiac pain and palpitation of the heart. One tablespoon daily after food is sufficient to prevent all sorts of heart troubles.
- Asparagus is an excellent food for strengthening the heart. A good medicine for a weak or an enlarged heart is prepared by mixing the freshly extracted juice of this vegetable with honey, in the ratio of 2:1. A teaspoon of this medicine should be taken three times daily. Patients with heart disease will also benefit by steam cooking this vegetable.
- Fresh fruits in general are beneficial in die treatment of heart disease. They tone up the heart Grapes are especially effective in heart pain and palpitation of the heart, and the disease can be rapidly controlled if die patient adopts an exclusive diet of grapes for a few days. Grape juice is particularly valuable when one is actually suffering from a heart attack.
- The herb alfalfa in the form of juice has been found very helpful in most troubles related to the arteries and heart diseases.
- Only the leaves of the plant are used for this purpose, when they can be obtained fresh. The juice of fresh alfalfa is, however, too strong and potent to be taken by itself. It is best taken with carrot juice in equal quantities of 12/5 ml each, twice daily. In this combination, the individual benefits of each juice are intensified.
- Patients with heart disease should increase their intake of foods rich in vitamin E, as this vitamin is said to promote heart function by improving oxygenation of the cell. It also improves the circulation and muscle strength. Many whole meal products and green vegetables, particularly outer leaves of cabbage, are good sources of vitamin E.
- Vitamin C is also essential as it protects against spontaneous breaches in capillary walls which can lead to heart attacks. It also guards against high blood cholesterol. The stress of anger, fear, disappointment, and similar emotions can raise blood fat and cholesterol levels immediately but this reaction to stress can do little harm if the diet is adequate in vitamin C and pantothenic acid. One of the richest sources of vitamin C is citrus fruits.
Coronary Heart Disease diet
Diet should be lacto-vegetarian, low on sodium and calories
The fundamental conditioning factor in all heart diseases is the diet, which should be lacto-vegetarian, and low on sodium and calories. It should consist of high quality, natural organic foods, with emphasis on wholegrains, seeds, fresh fruits, and vegetables
Avoid food like white flour products, tea, coffee, tobacco, salt and sugar
Foods which should be eliminated from the diet include white flour products, sweets, chocolates, canned foods in syrup, soft drinks, squashes, tea, coffee, alcohol, and tobacco, and all solid fats of animal origin such as butter, cream and fatty meats. Salt and sugar should he reduced substantially.
Related Online Articles:
- Self storage is a business which provides storage facility for all items
- Get a positive experience of exterior painting with painting Atlanta
- Trade Show Display
- Top Advantages Of Concrete Pump Hire You Need To Know
- The Value of New Jersey Title Search Company
- Elite Restoration Painting reigns since 1982 in the field of home renovation
- Get an Eye Catching Bathroom
- Warehouses are large buildings usually meant for storage of goods and merchandise
- When one needs a project done on one's home, such as bathroom kitchen remodeling, one may end up fee
- Stainless Steel Handrails
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.