Vaginal yeast infection is the most ordinary type of yeast infection and is caused by a fungus known as Candida albicans. In normal circumstances this fungus is present on the skin and inside the vagina of almost all healthy women. The acidic environment in the vagina helps make sure the growth of this fungus. It is when the acidic level drops down due a variety of factors ranging from menstruation, intake of antibiotics, steroids, and diabetes, that the fungus start multiplying and reason a vaginal infection. Improper personal hygiene too is a primary reason of vaginal yeast infection. It is rarely a grave condition but can be extremely uncomfortable.
Many women feel embarrassed to go to a physician for vaginal yeast infection and prefer to cure this fungus infection using several tried and tested home remedy.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection
It is estimated that over 75% of women suffer from vaginal yeast infection at least once in their lifetime. It is a minor trouble that is cured within a couple of days for some, and some women are known to suffer from this fungus for years. It has been noticed that women who have vaginal yeast infection for years have usually not seeked medical help, neither have they tried out any proper home remedy to eradicate the fungus.
Some symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are -
- An unusual thick, odorless, whitish vaginal discharge
- Unexplained pain during sexual intercourse
- Uncontrollable itching and a burning sensation in the vagina and the skin surrounding the vagina (vulva).
- Unexplained swelling of the vulva.
- Burning sensation during urination.
Precautions to Avoid Yeast Infection
Prevention is better than cure. Taking these precautions will ensure that you do not suffer from vaginal yeast infection.
- Keep away from wearing clothing made of synthetic material.
- Keep away from wearing leotards and pantyhose daily.
- Keep away from wearing tight fitting panties.
- Keep away from wearing tight jeans daily.
- Keep away from remaining in wet clothes for too long.
- Wear clothes made of natural fibers.
- Wear well fitting cotton panties.
- Change wet clothes immediately to dry ones. Wipe yourself clean, especially the vaginal area with super absorbent paper.
- Keep away from using sprays and perfumes in the genital area. Also stay away from deodorant sanitary pads and tampons.
- After using the toilet always wipe from front to back, never back to front.
- Washing the area with diluted apple cider vinegar repeatedly will discontinue the growth of infection. In case of itching one garlic clove can also be added to it. This is an extremely good yeast infection treatment.
- Dip a cotton tampon into a solution made from 15 grams of Potassium Sorbate in one pint of water. And insert into the vagina at night and remove in the morning. This is a extremely good home remedy for yeast infection.
- Drinking one glass of buttermilk each day especially at night helps in killing the infection. Good home remedy for yeast infection.
- Insert capsules of boric acid in vagina and keep it every night for several days. It will reduce itching. This is a very effective yeast infection remedy.
- Yeast infection remedy - Its better to prefer cotton panties instead of nylon ones.
- Soak a tampon in curd and place it in the infected region for an hour. Repeat it 2-3 times a day. This is a good home remedy for yeast Infection. This remedy is one of the efficient home remedies for yeast infection.
- Never keep the area moist as it enhances the yeast growth. This is one of the simplest natural remedy for yeast infection.
- In a glass of water prepare a combination of olive leaf extract and grapefruit seed extract. It is a good curative tonic for this infection and is too good home remedies for yeast infection.
- A warm salt hipbath is also beneficial in reducing the infection. This is one of the simplest yeast infection treatments.
- Apply honey on the external parts of the vagina and leave it for at least 15 minutes. Wash the area with temperate water. This is one of the efficient home remedies for yeast infection.
- Yeast infection cure - keep away from using any soap or shampoo for washing the area as these products remove the natural oils that protect the kin from infections.
- Saturate a tampon by dipping in tea tree oil and insert at night. Repeat this for 3-4 days. This is a extremely good natural remedy for yeast infection.
Related Online Articles:
- Vitamins Essential for Healthy Skin and Skin Care Tips
- Anti aging Tips and Guide to Look Younger with these Anti Aging Tips
- Best Vitamins and Foods for gastric bypass patients
- 15 Home Remedies for High and Low Blood Cholesterol
- Psoriases Treatment and Natural Cure of Psoriases and Skin Care Tips
- Rheumatism arthritis Palindromic Rheumatism and Home Remedies for Rheumatism
- Acidity Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural cure with Natural Home Remedies
- Headache Causes Symptoms and Permanent Cure of Headache
- Gout Causes Symptoms and Natural Treatment of Gout
- Home Remedies for Diabetes and get rid of Diabetes
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.