Sleeplessness Or Insomnia Causes, Symptoms And Home Remedies For Anxiety Sleeplessness - Online Article
The lack of sleep is termed as insomnia and is also known as sleeplessness. Sleep is a periodic state of relax for the body, which is significant for its competent functioning. It gives relief from nervousness and worries. The amount of sleep varies from individual to individual. Normally 7-8 hours of sleep each night is adequate and normal. Insomnia deprives the person with mental rest and interferes with the daily activities. It is the most ordinary difficulty among the people of upper classes in urban areas. It is also ordinary among the elderly people as the sleep requirements decreases with aging.
Causes of Insomnia
The various causes of insomnia are:
- Mental tension
- Any serious or chronic disease
- Excessive intake of tea and coffee
Symptoms of Insomnia
Sleep is a periodic resting situation of the body, especially the nervous system and there is a natural rotation of sleeping and waking each twenty-four hours. But medical science has not been able to explain-must less to understand -the mechanics of this phenomenon. But it is a natural thing for a person to sleep and nobody can do without if for long. Some people, however, are able to do with much less sleep than others because their sleep is deeper and more refreshing, making do with no four to five hours as compared to the normal period of seven to eight hours.
Sleep gives release form tension, rest to the brain and the body and a person wakes up fresh and rejuvenated after sleep. But in some people the feeling of freshness is missing: they feel tired when they wake up. Some cannot sleep and others start snoring the moment their head touches the pillow.
Insomnia, or sleeplessness, is a situation that often causes annoyance, and by depriving the person of natural rest produces interference with the full activity during the daytime. When it becomes a habit, it may form a serious menace to health.
Home Remedy for Insomnia
- An effectual way to treat insomnia would be to have milk form the poppy seeds. Extract 30 grams of milk from poppy seeds and add some sugar to it. Have this combination everyday after dinner.
- Grind four nutmegs to create a fine powder out of it. Have this powder each night before going to sleep.
- Insomnia can be treated following the equal routine i.e. attempt to sleep at a fixed time every night and wake up at a fixed time in the morning. This would set a sleeping schedule.
- Hot fomentations help to solve the trouble of insomnia. Relate hot packs to the spine and have hot footbath before going to bed.
- Intake a cup of milk with honey. This is efficient in curing insomnia.
- Grind the root of pippali (Piper longum) plant to make a fine powder. Each night, have 1 tsp of this powder along with jaggery and a glass of warm milk.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it. Add roasted cumin seeds to it and mix properly.Consume this mashed combine before going to sleep.
- Extract fresh juice of valerian wallichi. Intake 1 tsp of this each night before going to sleep.
- Do regular exercise or partake in some physical activities daily. This would /solve the problem of insomnia. Walking, jogging, skipping and swimming are the fine exercises for treating insomnia.
- Combine 1 tsp each of juice of celery leaves with stalks and honey. Consume this combination everyday.
- Consuming raw onion salad daily can solve the trouble of sleep.
- Combine 2 tsp of fenugreek leaves juice with 1 tsp of honey. Have this combination at bed times daily.
- It is advisable to have 3 cups of curd daily for people suffering from lack of sleep.
- In a cup of boiling water, add 1 tsp each of chamomile flowers, hops and valeria. Let it steep for 45. Thereafter, strain the drink and have it an hour before sleeping.
- Mix bottle gourd juice and sesame oil in equal parts. Massage this combination on the scalp each night.
Related Online Articles:
- Back Pain Causes, Symptoms and Natural Treatment for Back Pain
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- Importance Of Ayurvedic Incense In Reducing Stress
- Cure for the Blind and Natural Home Remedies for Blindness
- Dry Skin Care Tips to get Glowing Skin
- Vitamins for weight loss How to Lose Weight with Vitamins
- Ways to Drive Away Your Body Shape Cellulite and Cellulite Reduction
- Best Vitamins for Weak Eyesight and Vision
- Leucoderma Treatments and Home Remedies for Leucoderma and Vitiligo
- Benefits of Yoga Pranayam for Healthy Life
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.