The immune system fundamentally protects us from getting sick. It fights off the majority viruses, fungi and other disease causing bacteria. Most of the time the immune system identifies “attackers” keeps a record of them in case they strike the body again. The immune system counteracts and fights off any risky element that may enter the body. The produce defenses depending on what they have counteracted upon on.
The immune system fights off any risky element through lymphocytes and antibodies. Lymphocytes are white blood cells that come from marrows of bones. Antibodies on the other hand are complex molecules of blood protein. There are also other organs, which provide assistance to the immune system in protecting the body like the tonsil, spleen, and thymus gland, and bone marrow among others.
When you have a weakened immune system, it implies low immunity. Low immunity means you have weakened defenses against diseases. When you defenses weaken, chances are you are prone to getting sick specially being more prone to severe illnesses.
Symptoms of Low Immune System
The symptoms of low immune function include:
- Chronic infections
- Recurrent colds and flu
- Recurrent cold sores or genital herpes
- Sore or swollen lymph glands
Causes of Low Immune System
Emotional state, stress, lifestyle, dietary habits and nutritional intake can crash the immune system. Low immunity can be caused by a number of circumstances, surgical or medical treatments or due to age. Either of these situations can reduce the ability of the immune system and cause serious infections.
Here is a list of conditions that may cause low immunity:
- Nutrient Deficiency
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Low White Blood Cell count (Neutropenia)
- Transplant surgery or usage of anti-rejection drugs
- Low Stomach Acidity
Low immunity can also be due to age as immunity lowers with age. Immunity is also low among children and among pregnant women.
Health Advice to Improve Immune System
The immune system in human body is designed to protect against different infections and diseases. The actions of our immune system are mediated by antibodies and cells of lymphatic system. Any kind of deficiency can increase the danger of developing diseases.
Therefore, a healthy immune system is essential for maintain a healthy and infection free body.
Researches and studies have revealed that a fine combination of fruits and vegetable sis really good for strengthening the immune system. Tomatoes are the most effective source of antioxidant lycopene that is necessary to prevent heart diseases and cancer. Fresh tomatoes are also a rich source of Vitamin C and flavanoids. Vitamin C and flavanoids are antioxidants and are necessary for deactivating free radicals.
Pepper used in salads or over cooking is one more preventive measure for immune malfunctioning. Pepper contains a natural decongestant and is one of the richest sources of antioxidants. This help in stimulating digestion and improving immune health.
Carrot is one more antioxidant containing vegetable that is required by human body for immunity as well as healthy skin and influential vision. Eating bananas can assist you boost your power levels and regulate body’s water balance. Banana being a rich source of potassium also assist in preventing high blood pressure.
Kiwi fruit is report to have high levels of Vitamin C that holds antioxidant properties and assist fight infections.
Diet to boost immune health
It a known fact that for an optimal immune function a healthy diet is the best solution. One should ensure the diet comprises of:
- Foods such as fruits, vegetables, beans, seeds, whole grains, and nuts.
- The diet is low in fats and refined sugars.
- Foods high in carotenes such as: yellow and orange squash, dark greens, carrots, yams, sweet potatoes, red peppers and tomatoes.
- Cabbage family foods (Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, radish and turnip) help prevent low immunity.
- Must contain adequate amounts of protein.
- Flavonid rich berries, garlic, yoghurt and artichoke assist boost immunity.
Related Online Articles:
- Best Vitamins for Weak Eyesight and Vision
- Leg Pain Causes Symptoms Treatment Home Care and Home Remedies for Leg Pain
- Yoga for weight loss and Quick Weight Loss Tips
- Diabetes Type1 and Type2 Causes - Symptoms and Home Remedies
- Home Remedies for Knee pain and Joint Pain Treatment
- Natural Home Remedies Acidity and hyperacidity Treatment
- Constipation Causes Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies to relieve hard constipated stools
- Stomach Gas Removal and Home Remedies for Stomach Gas
- Vitamins Tips and Special Guide for Vitamins
- Pneumonia Causes Symptoms and Natural Treatment of Pneumonia
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.