Dandruff refers to the flaking scalp which falls like snow flakes and settles on one's brows, shoulders and clothes, but assumes an unpleasant, irritating condition associated with bacteria, in the case of excessive formation of scales on the scalp. These scales are formed from the horny layer of the skin. Dandruff can occur to anybody at any age. It should not be left untreated.
Causes of dandruff.
There is a misconception that dandruff is caused by dry scalp. In fact it is due to an oily scalp. The main causes of dandruff are - impairment of general health, toxic condition of the system. brought on mainly by wrong feeding, constipation and lowered vitality due to infectious diseases. Other factors contributing to dandruff are emotional tension, harsh shampoos, exposure to cold and general exhaustion. Worry and tension increases the flow of oil in the scalp, make you prone to dandruff. These white flakes can be a nightmare. Dandruff further tends to weaken the scalp and the flakes falling on your face, neck and shoulders can affect your skin skin too.
Symptoms of Dandruff.
The scaliness increases whenever the hair is brushed or rubbed. It may also appear as lumps or crusts on the scalp. Often there is itching as well, and the scalp may become red from scratching.
Natural home remedies to get rid of dandruff.
For good hair without dandruff, drink at least 2 liter water. Combs must be washed and hair should be brushed regularly. Dandruff is a scalp condition that can be controlled by following home remedies:
- The use of fenugreek (methi) seeds is one such remedy. Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds should be soaked overnight in water. The softened seeds should be ground into a fine paste in the morning. This paste should be applied all over the scalp and left for half an hour. The hair should then be washed thoroughly with soap nut solution or shikakai.
- The use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing the hair, is another useful remedy. This not only leaves the hair glowing but also removes stickiness and prevents dandruff.
- A valuable prescription for removal of dandruff is the use of green gram powder. The hair should be washed twice a week with two tablespoons of this powder mixed with half a cup of curd.
- Beets have been found useful in dandruff. Both tops and roots should be boiled in water and this water should be massaged into the scalp with the finger tips every night White beet is better for this purpose.
- The juice of snake gourd has been found beneficial in the prevention and treatment of dandruff. The juice should be rubbed over the scalp for this purpose.
- Dandruff can be removed by massaging the hair for half an hour with curd which has been kept in the open for three days, or with a few drops of lime juice mixed with amla juice every night, before going to bed.
- Grind raw onions to fine paste. Rub this paste into your scalp. Leave it on for an half hour. Wash thoroughly. Rub in some lemon juice into your scalp and hair to rid your self of the onion smell.This will helps to get rid of dandruff.
Dandruff prevention tips.
- The foremost consideration in the treatment of this disorder is to keep the hair and scalp clean so as to minimize the accumulation of dead cells. The hair should be brushed daily to improve the circulation and remove any flakiness.
- Exposure of the head to the rays of the sun ai also useful measures in the treatment of dandruff.
- The scalp should be thoroughly massaged everyday, using one's finger tips and working systematically over the head.
Related Online Articles:
- Energy Shot Powder
- High blood pressure Causes Symptoms Prevention Diet and Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
- Arthritis Symptoms Causes Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Arthritis
- Diabetes Mellitus and Control on Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes naturally
- Sore Throat Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies
- Kidney Stones Treatments and Causes Symptoms and home Remedies for Kidney Problems
- Diet Chart for Fast Weight Loss and Healthy Weight Loss Tips
- Home Remedies for Knee pain and Joint Pain Treatment
- Cellulite Home Remedies and Get rid of Cellulite and Cellulite removal
- Best Ways to Reduce High Cholesterol
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.