Diabetes mellitus is considered to be one of the most lethal of the lifestyle diseases today. It is killing a large number of the world population every year, and the number is only going up each year. Awareness and modification in the lifestyle seem to be the only way to control this silent monster, but there is very less effort going on in that area.
Diabetes mellitus is a condition of hyperglycemia, i.e. a condition when the blood sugar level increases. The beta cells in the islets of Langerhans in the human pancreas secrete a hormone known as the insulin. This insulin is responsible for the proper utilization of sugars, especially glucose, in the human body. In case the insulin is deficient, the sugars will not be able to be assimilated properly and they will be retained in the bloodstream. This is the condition known as diabetes mellitus.
Causes of Diabetes
The various causes of diabetes are:
- Genetic factors
- Stress and anxiety
- High carbohydrate diet
- Nutritional deficiency
- Less physical activity or lack of exercise
- Specific disease that interferes with the proper functioning of pancreas
Diabetes goes undetected for a long time as they do not produce serious, obvious symptoms. Do watch out for strong thirst, frequent urination, excessive appetite, weight loss, fatigue, irritability and blurred vision. In diabetics, the urine maybe pale in color, with an acidic reaction and a sweet odor. They also look pale, may suffer from secondary issues like anemia, constipation, intense itching around the genital region, palpitations and general weakness.
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber. Fiber slows intestinal absorption of sugar and smoothes out blood sugar levels. Pears, beans, barley, blackberries and chick-peas are some sources of fiber.
- Okra is prescribed in Ayurveda as a remedy for blood sugar. Okra is quite delicious as a steamed or roasted vegetable.
- Prickly pear cactus is available in the Mexican sections of the grocery store. The pads can be diced and used in a salad or taco. It helps with diabetes, obesity and elevated blood cholesterol.
- Dandelion greens are hypoglycemic and they can be juiced or chopped into salads and soups. Ingesting dandelion can improve lipid profiles, cholesterol and triglycerides in diabetic patients.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, cashew, cayenne, ginger, turmeric, bay leaf, coriander seed, turnip, lettuce, cabbage, cranberry, papaya fruit, millet, Jeruselam artichoke, barley, oats and buckwheat are a few other foods helpful for a diabetic. Incorporate some of them into your diet everyday.
Home Remedies for Diabetes
- Extremely good home remedy for diabetes is Bitter gourd, which proved useful in controlling diabetes. For stronger outcomes, the diabetics had better consume the juice of four or five Bitter gourds every morning on an empty stomach.
- Take succus of bilva and parijataka leaves in equal parts as biological curative remedy for diabetes.
- Among the 10 best home remedies for diabetesis Indian gooseberry. With its high vitamin C capacity Indian gooseberry is essential in diabetes. A tablespoonful of its juice, mixed with a cup of bitter gourd juice and taken everyday during 2 months, will awaken the islets of Langerhans, that is, the remote group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin in the pancreatic gland. This decreases the blood sugar in diabetes and makes Indian gooseberry another effective home remedy for diabetes.
- The seeds of parslane are helpful in diabetes. A teaspoonful of the seeds should be consumed each day with half a cup of water for four to five months. It will further the body’s individual insulin and help in curing diabetes.
- Include Citrus paradisi in the dieting because it is an outstanding natural home remedy for diabetes.
- Take two teaspoons of powdered Greek Clover seeds with milk. Two teaspoonfuls of the seeds may likewise be eaten wholly, every day.
- The delicate leaves of the mango tree are viewed as therapeutic home remedy for diabetes. An infusion is prepared by soaking 15 gm of restorative leaves in 250 ml of water nightlong, and squeezing them well in the water. This filtrate should be consumed each morning to manage beginning diabetes. Equally, as an alternative, the leaves should be dehydrated in the shade, fine-grained and preserved for use in case of necessity. Half a teaspoon of this powder had better be taken two times daily.
- The juice of Nim Tree is a cooperative biological home remedy for diabetes.
- String bean pod tea is a satisfactory natural home remedy for diabetes and can be considered as a substitution for insulin.
- Consume 10 revitalizing fully seasoned curry leaves every daybreak during three months. It assists in deflecting diabetes appeared as result of familial or heredity factors.
Related Online Articles:
- Cholesterol Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies for High and Low Blood Cholesterol
- Hair loss Treatment and Hair Loss Home Remedies and Hair Loss Solution
- Headache Causes, Symptoms and Natural home remedies for Migraine Headache
- Home Remedies for Constipation and Causes Symptoms and Prevention of Constipation
- Vitamins tips for glowing skin and Natural Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
- Diabetes Causes and Symptoms and Diabetes Alternative Treatment and Natural Cure
- Best Ways to Reduce High Cholesterol
- Best to Natural cure of Hormonal Imbalance and get rid of Hormonal Imbalance
- Asthma Causes symptoms and Natural Treatments and Natural Home Remedies of Asthma
- Leucoderma Causes, Symptoms and Natural Cure with Natural Home remedies
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.