Asthma is a chronic lung condition in which inflammation of the airways or bronchi, affects the way air enters and leaves the lungs, disrupting breathing. Asthma is an ancient Greek word meaning “panting or short drawn breath.” It is the most troublesome of the respiratory diseases. It affects twice as many boys as girls in childhood; more girls than boys in teenage and in adulthood, the ratio becomes 1:1 males to females. People with asthma have extra sensitive or hyper responsive airways. The airways react by narrowing or obstructing when they become irritated. This makes it difficult for the air to move in and out.
Patients suffering from asthma appear to be gasping for breath. Actually, they have more difficulty in breathing out than breathing in, and this is caused by spasms or sudden involuntary muscular contractions of the smaller air passages in the lungs.
Causes of Asthma
Following are the major asthma causes:
- Allergy from particular weather condition
- Allergy from some specific food, drugs and perfumes
- Allergies to dust
- Air pollution
- Respiratory infections
- Presence of sulfites in food
- Warm a ripe banana on a slow flame. Mash it and sprinkle some black pepper on it. Have this for instant relief.
- Mix 13 ml of fresh honey with 20ml of a paste of basil leaves (made by grinding basil leaves with water). Have this mixture as soon as you feel an attack coming.
- Sprinkle some black salt on holy basil leaves (after washing them thoroughly) and eat them.
- Another efficient cure for asthma would involve having roasted grams every night. After eating grams, drink a glass of warm milk.
- The most effective remedy for curing asthma would be to have finely powdered turmeric with honey. Grind turmeric, with mortar and pestle. Add 1 tbsp of the powder to 2 tbsp honey and eat the resultant mixture.
- A paste of rock salt and ghee or mustard oil, when rubbed on the chest, would be beneficial in stopping the asthmatic attack.
- Take a glass of water and add two tsp fenugreek seeds. Boil this mixture, until only 1/3rd of the solution remains. Let the decoction cool down and then drink it.
- Consumption of three to four dry figs every morning would prove useful in curing a person of asthmatic attack.
- A glass of warm milk, with a tsp of turmeric powder added to it, will be beneficial in keeping the asthmatic attacks at bay.
- Take a tablespoonful of safflower seeds and add a tablespoonful of honey to them. Eat this once a day.
- Make a paste of Indian gooseberry, banyan root and honey. Mix 250 gm Indian gooseberry, 50 gm banyan root and 125 ml honey and make a paste. Consume this paste 1 tsp at a time.
- Another remedy would be to take a glass of limejuice, to which a teaspoonful of ginger juice has been added.
- Boil a glass of milk, with ten garlic cloves in it. After the milk comes to a boil, remove it from heat, strain and let it cool down. Drinking this decoction would effectively reduce asthmatic attacks.
- Drumstick leaves, when boiled in water, efficiently cures asthma problems. In a cup of water, put a small cluster of drumstick leaves and bring to a boil. After boiling for 3 to 4 minutes, strain the water. Add a few drops of lime juice, along with pinch of salt and pepper. Drinking this will help cure asthma.
- Put three tbsp of water in a pan and add six pieces of cloves. Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat and strain. Let it cool down a bit, add a tsp of honey and eat the mixture.
Diet for Asthma
Carbohydrates, Fats and Proteins
The patient should avoid common dietetic errors. Ideally, his diet should contain a limited quantity of carbohydrates, fats and proteins which are 'acid-forming' foods, and a liberal quantity of alkali-forming foods consisting of fresh fruits, green vegetables, sprouted seeds, and grains. The patient should avoid foods which tend to produce phlegm, such as rice, sugar, lentils, and yoghurt. He should also avoid fried and other difficult to-digest foods, strong tea, coffee, alcoholic beverages, condiments pickles, sauces and all refined and processed foods.
Other Suggestions for Asthma
Fasting and exercises
The patient should also follow the other laws of nature. Air, sun, and water are great healing agents. Regular fasting once a week, an occasional enema, breathing exercises, fresh air, a dry climate, light exercises, and correct posture go a long way in treating the disease.
Related Online Articles:
- How to Take Care of Your Dry Skin and Home Remedies for Dry Skin
- Vitamins for Hair loss hair Growth and Hair Care Tips
- Best Vitamins and Food for cell growth division
- Ringworm treatment and Treatment for Ringworm Rash
- Knee pain Causes, Symptoms, Home Remedies and Natural Cure
- Benefits of Triphala and Uses of Triphala and side Effect of Triphala
- Best to Natural cure of Hormonal Imbalance and get rid of Hormonal Imbalance
- Pneumonia Causes Symptoms and Natural Treatment of Pneumonia
- Gastritis Causes Symptoms Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Gastritis Pain
- Liver disease causes and Symptoms and How to Cure Liver Cirrhosis
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.