Diabetes is a disease in which your blood glucose, or sugar, levels are too high. Glucose comes from the foods you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy. The cause of diabetes continues to be a mystery, although both genetics and environmental factors such as obesity and lack of exercise appear to play roles. There are 20.8 million children and adults in the United States, or 7% of the population, who have diabetes. While an estimated 14.6 million have been diagnosed with diabetes, unfortunately, 6.2 million people are unaware that they have the disease. Diabetes mellitus, commonly referred to as diabetes was first identified as a disease associated with "sweet urine," and excessive muscle loss in the ancient world. Elevated levels of blood glucose lead to spillage of glucose into the urine, hence the term sweet urine. Normally, blood glucose levels are tightly controlled by insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas. Insulin lowers the blood glucose level. When the blood glucose elevates (for example, after eating food), insulin is released from the pancreas to normalize the glucose level. In patients with diabetes, the absence or insufficient production of insulin causes hyperglycemia. Diabetes is a chronic medical condition, meaning that although it can be controlled, it lasts a lifetime.
Symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus
Following are the major diabetes symptoms:
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Increase in appetite
- Weight loss in type 1 diabetes
- Obesity in type 2 diabetes
- Skin irritation or infection
- Decreased healing capacity
- Weakness or loss of strength
- Erection problems
Causes of Diabetes
Following are the major diabetes causes:
- Hereditary factors
- Excess intake of carbohydrate foods like chocolates, rice etc
- Insulin deficiency
- Insulin resistance
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Stressful and over burdened life
- Lack of exercise or physical activities
- Excess eating habits
Home Remedies to Cure Diabetes
- Take juice of bilva and parijataka leaves in equal parts for natural remedy of diabetes. Take two teaspoons of it twice a day.
- Avoid drinking alcohol (including beer, gin, wines and whisky).
- Take two teaspoons of powdered Fenugreek seeds with milk. Two teaspoons of the seeds can also be swallowed whole, daily.
- Avoid sweets, chocolates, rice, banana, grapes, mangoes, dry fruits, oils, cakes and pastries.
- Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Eat green vegetables, coriander, cucumber, cabbage, coconut, chenopodium album (bathu), creeper of pumpkin, cucumber, cabbage, bitter guard, carrot, tomato, lemon, radish, onion and ginger.
- Avoid infections, burns and injuries as they develop ketosis in such stressful conditions.
- Take plenty of potassium and vitamins C, E, and B-complex.
- Eat 10 fresh fully grown curry leaves every morning for three months. It prevent diabetes due to heredity factors. It also cures diabetes due to obesity.
Diet fo Diabetes and Blood Sugar
Eating right for diabetes comes down to three things:
- What you eat. Your diet makes a huge difference!! You should eat mostly plant foods, cut back on refined carbs and sugary drinks, and choose healthy fats over unhealthy fats.
- When you eat. Diet is part of it, but keeping regular meal and snack times also affects your blood sugar levels and will help to keep them more constant.
- How much you eat. Portion sizes matter. Even if you eat very healthy meals, if you eat too much you will gain weight, which is a factor in diabetes.
Related Online Articles:
- Heart Attack Causes Symptoms and Natural home Remedies for Heart Diseases
- Cure for the Blind and Natural Home Remedies for Blindness
- Yoga for weight loss and Quick Weight Loss Tips
- Bad Breath Causes and Bad Breath Cure using Natural Home Remedies
- Ringworm treatment and Treatment for Ringworm Rash
- Stress Management Tips and Get Relief from Stress and Strain
- Top Weight loss tips quick and naturally
- Beauty and Fitness for You
- Vitamins for High Blood Pressure and Low blood Pressure
- Prostate Enlarged Treatment and Prostate Cancer Treatment
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.