Constipation is a common ailment and one of the most frustrating. Our modern lifestyle is at fault. The other major causes include eating fast foods that are low in fiber, drinking too little water. Getting too less exercise and failing to respond right away to the urge to move the bowels is another issue. Emotional problems and some drugs also play a role in causing constipation. Some people who are constipated find it painful to have a bowel movement and often experience straining, bloating, and the sensation of a full bowel.
Some people think they are constipated if they do not have a bowel movement every day. However, normal stool elimination may be three times a day or three times a week, depending on the person. Most constipation is temporary and not serious. Understanding its causes, prevention, and treatment will help most people find relief.
Symptoms of constipation:
- Dry over firm stools that are hard and painful to pass.
- Feeling of fullness after having a bowel movement or of not being able to finish it.
- No bowel movement after3 days for adults or 4 days fro children.
- Swelling, bloating or pain in the abdomen.
- Nausea, loss of appetite.
Prevention of constipation
- Exercise, a brisk 30 minute walk everyday will help regulate your bowel movements.
- Drink plenty of water- at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
- Get lots of fiber by eating at least 5 servings a day of fresh fruits vegetables and other sources like beans, nuts, bran and other whole grain cereals, dry fruits like raisins and prunes.
- Do not ignore the urge to defecate Try acupuncture: place your fingertips below the navel and gently press in about an inch. Hold for 3 minutes while taking deep slow breaths.
- Eliminate sugar and white flour from your diet.
Home remedies for constipation
Common Home remedies for constipation include:
- Don't use over the counter laxatives unless your doctor suggests them.
- Don't take mineral water as a laxative unless advised by a doctor.
- Try strained or whole prunes.
- Don't use an enema unless your doctor advices to.
- One of the most popular folk remedy is to mix the juice of a whole lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it in the morning.
- Try a glass of water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey mixed in it.
- Bananas are high in fiber and can help restore normal bowel function.
- Honey has mild laxative properties; take one teaspoon three times a day.
Identifying the need of Home Remedies for Constipation
When you could go for Constipation Home Remedies -
- If you have fever and lower abdominal pain, and the stools you do have are thin.
- If your stools are bloody.
- If you get constipated after taking a new prescription drug or food supplements.
- If you are an elderly or disabled person and have not had a bowel movement for a week or more.
- If you are loosing weight.
- If exercise and eating more fiber hasn't helped after 2 weeks.
Foods to Prevent Constipation:
Remedies at home for constipation exist in our refrigerator and food shelves. Here are the foods which can help you to have smooth bowels:
- Grains: Breads, corn, lima beans, cereals can all help in preventing constipation
- Apples: An apple eating after meal can offer relief
- Bananas: Eat 2 bananas meals for relief
- Honey: Honey acts a laxative and can help in smooth bowels. Try having 1 tablespoon of honey, 3 times a day
- Vinegar: Add 1 tablespoon of honey to 1 tablespoon of vinegar in water and drink for relief
- Barley: barley in the form of flour or flakes can relieve constipation
- Figs: Figs can be soaked overnight and can be consumed the next day.
Related Online Articles:
- Vitamins for High Blood Pressure and Low blood Pressure
- Dandruff Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies and Hair Loss Solutions
- How to increase Height Naturally and ways to increase Height
- Dysport indications Information Pros and Cons of Dysport Treatment
- Stress Home Remedies and Natural Cure of Depression and Stress Reduction Techniques
- Liver disease causes and Symptoms and How to Cure Liver Cirrhosis
- Leucoderma Causes, Symptoms and Natural Cure with Natural Home remedies
- Best Ways to Reduce High Cholesterol
- Weight Loss Diet Plan and Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Importance Of Ayurvedic Incense In Reducing Stress
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.