Acne is a skin disorder resulting from the action of hormones on the skins sebaceous glands which leads to plugged pores (blackheads and whiteheads), and outbreaks of cysts or nodules commonly called pimples. They may occur on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and even the upper arms. It is the most common and chronic skin disease. The acne affects most of the teenagers. However, the disease is not restricted to any age group; adults in there 20s - even into there 40s - can get acne. Being not a life threatening health condition, acne is still upsetting and disfiguring as sometimes it leads to permanent and serious scarring.
Symptoms of Acne
If you are suffering from acne, you probably do not need me to tell you about the symptoms, but for those who are reading this for other reasons, here is a summary of the physical symptoms:
- Blackheads (open comedo) and Whiteheads (below the skin surface)
- Nodules – large and firm lumps below the skin
- Pustules – yellowish lumps on the skin surface, pus filled
- Pimples – red spots with no pus – a symptom of non-inflammatory acne
- Cysts – a sac, pus filled under the skin tissue of about 5mm in diameter – very painful
- Dry, pink and itchy skin
Causes of Acne
Following are the major acne causes:
- Improper diet
- Use of cosmetic products
- Hormonal disturbances
- Lack of hygiene
- Indigestion and constipation
- Presence of toxins in blood
- Eating chocolate, nuts, soft drinks, fatty meals and increased sugar
Treatments of Acne
- Take healthy foods such as fruit and vegetables in your diet.
- Properly clean your skin gently and carefully.
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily.
- Manage your stress and do meditation and exercises.
- Keep your colon clean.
- Avoid synthetic and oily makeup
- Don’t squeeze your pimples.
- Avoid oily foods, coffee, and chocolate.
Natural Home Remedies for Acne
Following are some of the effective home remedies for acne:
- Make a paste of grinded orange peel with some water and apply on affected areas. It is very effective natural remedy for acne.
- Make a paste of almond powder with water, and apply it to your face. Let it dry and then rinse it off.
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in one teaspoon of finely-ground cinnamon (dalchini) and apply it on the affected areas.
- Mix half teaspoon of sandalwood and turmeric powder in a little water and apply it on affected area. It is one of the best home remedies for acne to get clear face.
- Blend the cucumber into a paste and apply it on the affected area. Leave it for 30 to 45 minutes and then wash it off. It is common acne home remedy.
- Make a paste of sandalwood (chandan) powder with black gram (masoor) dal. Apply it on the affected area and wash it with cold water.
- Make a paste of 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply it on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks for permanently clearing acne.
- Make a paste of nutmeg (jaiphal) with unboiled milk and apply on affected area. It is wonderful home remedy for acne.
Related Online Articles:
- Natural Beauty Products for You
- Worms in Humans and Intestinal worms Causes, symptoms and Natural Home Remedies
- Headache Causes Symptoms and Permanent Cure of Headache
- Home Remedies for Arthritis and Joint Pain and Arthritis Treatment
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- Acidity Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural cure with Natural Home Remedies
- Cholesterol Management and Lowering your Cholesterol
- Joint Pain and Arthritis Treatment
- Liver Problems Causes Symptoms and Natural Treatment to get rid of Liver Problems
- Prostate Enlarged Treatment and Prostate Cancer Treatment
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.