Vitiligo is a skin pigmentation disorder, which is also known as leucoderma. The word leucoderma connotes white skin. In a person with leucoderma, this means a gradual loss of pigment melanin from the skin layers, which results to pale patches of skin or a bleached appearance. This looks especially bad for people with dark complexion. Though aesthetically unpleasant, this skin condition is not contagious nor is it infectious. The exact cause of leucoderma is difficult to determine because it is not also due to germs or bad blood.
Symptoms of Leucoderma
Small white spots are the usual manifestations of the onset of leucoderma, which enlarges into patches. It starts out pale-colored then lightens in the passage of time. This process is due to the loss of skin pigmentation. The size of the patches becomes larger and gradually forming patches that are more extensive. In some individuals, the case of leucoderma may not be that all encompassing but there are patients who are not so fortunate with most of their bodies affected by the skin disorder.
Causes of Leucoderma
It is said that leucoderma is caused by heredity. However, there are quite a number of afflicted people do not have a family history of vitiligo. Excessive mental stress, chronic or acute gastric disorders, impaired liver functions like jaundice, the presence of parasites such as worms in the alimentary canal, typhoid, flawed sweat mechanism, and injuries arising from burns are just some of the factors which may cause leucoderma or vitiligo.
Home Remedies for Leucoderma
- Take about 25 grams of radish seeds and ground them into a powdery substance. Add 2 tsp vinegar and make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the affected area and wash off when dry.
- Another method would be to soak psoralea and tamarind seeds in water for 3-4 days. Dry them well and grind to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area on a daily basis.
- Goosefoot vegetable is effective in treating leucoderma. Apply the juice of this vegetable on the affected area, once a day. Continue it for 2 months.
- Mix red clay and ginger in equal parts. Apply this on the affected area and wash off when dry.
- Fill a copper vessel with drinking water and leave it overnight. Have this water, on an empty stomach, every morning. This is effective in healing leucoderma.
- Combine 100 gm each of alfalfa and cucumber juice. Consume this mixture two times a day i.e. in the morning and evening. This is a useful home remedy for treating leucoderma.
- Neem is very effective in treating leucoderma. Try to drink a glass of neem juice everyday.
- Make a poultice of ginger leaves and apply it on the white patches. It is quite effective in treating leucoderma.
- Increase the consumption of walnuts and figs. While walnuts purify blood, figs have healing properties to cure leucoderma.
Some tips to be kept in mind
- Avoid stress and try to relax
- Do not use hard soaps while bathing
- Get a sun bath in the early hour for 20-30 minutes
- Avoid cosmetics like cream, powder and other triggering agents.
- Increase iron deficiency by eating foods such has meat, liver, cereals, beans, lentils and green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid citrus fruits, tamarind, fish, lobsters, crabs and prawns.
- Sodium or salt consumption should be completely stopped during the leucoderma treatment.
Related Online Articles:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Causes and Home Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Colon Cleansing Help in Weight Loss Naturally
- Home Remedies for Knee pain and Joint Pain Treatment
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- Constipation Symptoms Causes Help and Natural Home Remedies for Constipation
- Benefits of Triphala and Uses of Triphala and side Effect of Triphala
- Constipation Causes Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies to relieve hard constipated stools
- Home remedies for memory loss and Memory Loss Treatment
- Food Pyramid Guide and Food Pyramid Servings and Healthy Food Pyramid
- Ear infection Causes Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies for Ear infection
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.