Acidity refers to the excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. The stomach secrets hydrochloric acid that is responsible for proper functioning of the digestive system. This acid further secretes various digestive enzymes like pepsin that break the food particles for easy digestion. A normal level of acid is required in the stomach for proper digestion of the complex foods. When there is less secretion of acid the food is not digested properly and in case of excess secretion it gives rise to a condition known as acidity.
Common Causes of Acidity
- Consumption of Alcohol
- Highly spicy foodstuffs
- Non-vegetarian diets
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID's)
Most acidity problems occur
- After meals
- When lifting weight or straining and applying pressure in the intra-abdominal area.
- At night when lying down.
Home Remedies for Acidity
- Drinking milk or eating milk products are helpful in relieving symptoms of acidity.
- Foods such as pickles, vinegar, fried foods, hot spicy foods, chocolate, pastries, and raw salad vegetables like onion, radish, cabbage, and peppers should be avoided.
- A cup of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk also helps to get relieve heartburn and acidity within minutes.
- Almonds are also a good source for relieving the heartburn and acidity. Eat several almonds when heartburn symptoms persist.
- Lemons also help to prevent heartburn. Cut a lemon into thin strips and dip in salt. Eat before meals to prevent heartburn.
- Jaggery or gur taken after every meal also helps to reduce the acidity. Keep a piece of gur in the mouth and slowly suck it till acidity decreases.
- A mixture of 2 tsp of natural apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp raw honey in a glass of water before meals fights with acidity.
- Basil (tulsi) leaves helps to get relief from burning, nausea and gas. Chew some leaves of tulsi to decrease the acidity.
- Coconut water 4-5 times a day decreases the symptoms of the acidity and the heartburn.
- Harad (Terminalia chebula) if taken after every meal prevents the symptoms of the acidity.
- Take a glass of water, add a pinch of baking soda and drink it. It gives immediate relief from acidity.
- Take a glass of warm water, add a pinch of hing (asafoetida) and have it every morning to prevent acidity.
- Eat a serving of cucumber or watermelon 4-5 times in a day to fight against acidity.
- Ginger is very useful for digestive disorders. It help to relieve indigestion from rich foods.
- Chewing bubble-gum also disappears the acidity. This is an easy and best way to get rid of Acidity.
- For heartburn drink a teaspoon of vinegar. It is because there is not sufficient acid in our stomach to digest food properly, thus gasses come back up and burn our stomach.
- Calcium also helps to fight with the heartburn and acidity. Yoghurt or ice-cream gives immediate relief from acidity and heartburn.
- 1 tsp juice of chebulic myroblan mixed with 1 tsp of amla (Indian gooseberry) juice daily relieves acidity.
- Powder one clove and one cardamom; use the powder as a mouth freshener after every meal. No more acidity and no more bad breathe.
- After food maintain an upright posture to prevent the reflex and to prevent the symptoms of acidity.
- Sleep with your head and shoulder on a high pillow for elevation.
- Do not skip meals. Do not keep large gap between meals. This produces gas / wind.
- Eat dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed.
- Last but not the least stop smoking and cut down on alcohol.
Related Online Articles:
- Cellulite Home Remedies and Get rid of Cellulite and Cellulite removal
- How to Increase Height Naturally and How to get Taller
- Diabetes Causes and Symptoms and Diabetes Alternative Treatment and Natural Cure
- Best Vitamins for Weak Eyesight and Vision
- Psychologist nyc is the best to consult with
- 10 Ways to Lose Weight Fast and Quick
- Obesity Causes and Symptoms and Facts and Tips for Fast Weight Loss
- Gerd Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Gerd
- Best Vitamins and Foods for gastric bypass patients
- Cholesterol Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies for High and Low Blood Cholesterol
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.