Cholesterol is a waxy, fatlike substance that the body needs to function normally. Cholesterol is naturally present in cell walls or membranes everywhere in the body, including the brain, nerves, muscles, skin, liver, intestines, and heart.
The body uses cholesterol to produce many hormones, vitamin D, and the bile acids that help to digest fat. It takes only a small amount of cholesterol in the blood to meet these needs. If a person has too much cholesterol in the bloodstream, the excess may be deposited in arteries, including the coronary arteries of the heart, the carotid arteries to the brain, and the arteries that supply blood to the legs. Cholesterol deposits are a component of the plaques that cause narrowing and blockage of the arteries, producing signs and symptoms originating from the particular part of the body that has decreased blood supply.
Symptoms of High Blood Cholesterol
Following are the major high blood cholesterol symptoms:
- General fatigue
- Excess sweating and feel of uneasiness
- Pain and heaviness in chest area
Causes of High Blood Cholesterol
Following are the major high blood cholesterol causes:
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption
- Eating high fat diet
- Heredity factors
- Stress and over work load
- Diseases like diabetes mellitus, kidney disease, liver disease, or hypothyroidism
Home Remedies for High Blood Cholesterol
- The best home remedy to cure a person with high cholesterol is to have at least 8-10 glasses of water per day.
- Use sunflower, or safflower oil for cooking
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid ghee, butter, cream, white flour, sugar, cakes, pastries, biscuits, cheese and ice cream
- Alternatively, a person who has problems of high cholesterol can also have 2-3 cloves of garlic per day.
- Mix 10-12 tablespoons of apple juice and 5-6 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Intake this mixture once a day.
- Take onion juice to reduce cholesterol, clean the blood, and regulate the heart
- Add a teaspoon of methi powder in a glass of water. Take it empty stomach for one month
- Take fenugreek seeds to control high serum cholesterol
- Consuming raw onions or onion juice is also beneficial in reducing the high cholesterol.
- Regular exercising is very necessary to keep the cholesterol levels under control.
- In green leafy salads, mix a small amount of olive oil. It proves beneficial lessening the high cholesterol levels as well as for the proper functioning of the heart and the body.
- Persons suffering from high cholesterol should have foods rich in fiber such as raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, broccoli, green beans, etc.
- Consume lots of almonds and walnuts. These are helpful in reducing the cholesterol levels.
- Chewing sweet neem is also beneficial in lowering the high cholesterol levels.
- Having fenugreek seeds and sprouts helps to reduce the high cholesterol levels.
Herbal Remedies for High Blood Cholesterol
- Eat garlic regularly. It is an effective herbal remedy for lowering cholesterol
- Take 3 grams of mixture of giloye with black pepper powder twice a day. It is also an effective herbal remedy for lowering cholesterol
- Taking one tablespoon of honey is also good for lowering cholesterol
- Take guggulu for natural cholesterol lowering
- Take one teaspoon of oil of the ishabgul seeds twice a day. It will help in lowering blood cholesterol.
Related Online Articles:
- Heart Disease Causes Symptoms Diet Plan Treatments and Home Remedies
- The Importance of Opting for the Right Products in Acne Removal
- Kidney Stones Treatments and Causes Symptoms and home Remedies for Kidney Problems
- Pneumonia Causes Symptoms and Natural Treatment of Pneumonia
- Diabetes Causes and Symptoms and Diabetes Alternative Treatment and Natural Cure
- Best Vitamins for Weak Eyesight and Vision
- Home Remedies for Constipation and Causes Symptoms and Prevention of Constipation
- Anti Aging Tips and Natural beauty Tips to Look Younger
- Dental care Tips and Causes Symptoms and Treatment for Tooth Discoloration
- How to Find a Great Medicare Doctor
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.