Arthritis literally means 'inflammation of the joints'. The term has been derived from two Greek words, 'athron' (which means joints) and 'itis' (which means inflammation). A chronic disease, arthritis can be classified into various types, two being the most commonly found - osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The former usually occurs in the older people, when their joints become week. The latter is a serious disease, which affects not only the joints of the fingers, wrists, hips, knees, and feet, but also the muscles, tendons and other tissues of the body. A few home remedies have been found to be helpful in curing arthritis.
Following are the signs that indicate the presence of this ailment:
- Severe pain in the affected joints.
- Muscles, ligaments and cartilage become inflamed.
- Movement of the joint becomes extremely painful, especially in cold, windy and damp weather.
It is notable that if this disease is not taken care of properly at the initial stages the joint becomes immobile and may also become permanently deformed.
This ailment is caused due to the aggravation of Vata (air) dosha and accumulation of Ama (toxins). Ama gets deposited in the weak areas of the body, joints with a simultaneous aggravation of Vata that is known as Ama Vata (arthritis).
Weak digestion, constipation, overeating and very little physical activity are the symptoms that can develop in a patient of arthritis.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
- The magnesium present in Epsom Salt soothes and relaxes stiff joints and muscles. Add three cups of Epsom Salt in hot bath water and soak in it.
- Drink water kept overnight in a copper glass. Copper is known for its healing properties in terms of the muscular system.
- Drinking 3-4 cups of alfafa tea daily for at least two weeks is a tried and tested cure for arthritis. Prepare alfafa tea by mixing one teaspoon of alfalfa seeds in one cup of water.
- Lavender, chamomile, rosemary oil and other such essential oils are some of the effective home remedies for inflammations caused by arthritis.
- Every morning, take lime juice diluted in water. The citric acid present in lime is a solvent of uric acid which is the primary cause of some types of arthritis.
- Drinking a small glass of cranberry juice every morning speeds up the curing process. The results will begin to show within 2-3 months.
- Take the juice of an orange, add one tablespoon of cod liver oil and whip. Drink this before sleeping.
- Extract the juice of any green leafy vegetable and add carrot, celery and red beet juices in equal proportions. Drink the resultant magical potion.
- Take burdock and yucca to heal swellings and inflammations.
- Take fresh bathua leaves (pigweed) and extract their juice. Take two teaspoons of this juice on an empty stomach for about 2-3 months. Regular intake of this juice helps in the treatment of arthritis.
Diet for Arthritis
Carrot juice, cucumber juice, coconut water, vegetable soups, cooked vegetables constitute a healthy diet conducive in the treatment of arthritis. Taking a few walnuts or a fresh coconut on an empty stomach can help cure the disease. Cherries, avocados, brewer’s yeast, bananas, green leafy vegetables, pecans, and wheat germ supply essential nutrients to the body. A cup of fresh pineapple juice is beneficial in reducing swellings and inflammations in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Vitamins C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, calcium, zinc, magnesium, niacin and other vitamins and minerals present in these items have therapeutic properties that help in the treatment and prevention of arthritis. For example, vitamin E protects and improves joint mobility.
Related Online Articles:
- Lyubov Gorelik Chosen to Be Featured in Leading Publication
- Colon Cleansing Help in Weight Loss Naturally
- Dandruff Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies and Hair Loss Solutions
- Obesity Causes and Symptoms and Facts and Tips for Fast Weight Loss
- Acne Scars Treatment and Get rid of Acne Scars and Remove Scars
- Headache Causes Symptoms and Permanent Cure of Headache
- Amenorrhea Causes, Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies
- Joint Pain and Arthritis Treatment
- Common Eye Problems and Common Eye Disorder Treatment
- Effective Home Remedies for Diabetes to Control Blood Glucose Level
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.