Diabetes mellitus is a common disease in the United States. It is estimated that over 16 million Americans are already caught with diabetes, and 5.4 million diabetics are not aware of the existing disease. Diabetes prevalence has increased steadily in the last half of this century and will continue rising among U.S. population. It is believed to be one of the main criterions for deaths in United States, every year. This diabetes information hub projects on the necessary steps and precautions to control and eradicate diabetes, completely.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder where in human body does not produce or properly uses insulin, a hormone that is required to convert sugar, starches, and other food into energy. Diabetes mellitus is characterized by constant high levels of blood glucose (sugar). Human body has to maintain the blood glucose level at a very narrow range, which is done with insulin and glucagon. The function of glucagon is causing the liver to release glucose from its cells into the blood, for the production of energy.
Diabetes Diet Planning, Dietary Treatments for Diabetes
Diabetes is one disease which can be severely aggravated by the wrong kind of diet. Hence Diet planning is the cornerstone of managing diabetes.
- Avoid sugar in any form - rice, potato, banana, cereals & fruits containing high percentage of sugar content.
- Include at least one bitter dish in every meal
- Take plenty of green vegetables, black gram, soy, fish etc
- Vegetables such as Bitter Gourd, string beans, cucumber, onion and garlic, fruits such as Indian Gooseberry, Jambul Fruit and Grapes and grains like Bengal gram and black gram should be included in the diet.
- Raw vegetables & herbs play a part in stimulating the pancreas and enhancing insulin production.
Diabetes Life style
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
Treating Diabetes with These Home Remedies:
Listed below are some home remedies to treat diabetes:
- Black Berry: It is believed that black berry fruit contains a glucoside. This can prevent conversion of starch to sugar, thereby regulating blood glucose level and treating diabetes. For this, you can dry and powder black berry seeds. Add one teaspoon of black berry powder in a cup full of water or milk and take this mixture twice everyday.
- Indian Gooseberry: Indian gooseberry with its high vitamin C content is considered effective in treating diabetes. You can mix a tablespoon of this fruit in a cup of bitter gourd juice. You can drink this mixture once regularly for 2 months. This can stimulate the islets of Langerhans to secrete insulin, thereby treating diabetes.
- Apples: Apples are rich with pectin. This can help in expelling wastes from blood and urine, thereby treating diabetes. Apart from pectin, apples contain vitamin B1. Vitamin B1 can prevent brain cell damage caused due to diabetic acidosis.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is suggested to treat type-II diabetes by keeping blood sugar level down and keeping body’s natural production of insulin up. You can take about half a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon once with your tea every morning for 40 days.
Related Online Articles:
- Diabetes Causes and Symptoms and Diabetes Alternative Treatment and Natural Cure
- Candida Natural Home Remedies and Natural Treatment of Candida Yeast Infection
- How to gain stamina and Energy Special Tips to Boost your Stamina and Energy Level
- How to increase Height Naturally and ways to increase Height
- Vitamins are necessary for Healthy Hair and Hair Loss and Hair Growth
- High Blood Pressure Treatment and Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure and Diet Plan
- Immune system Boosters and Causes and symptoms of Low Immune System
- Acne Scars Treatment and Get rid of Acne Scars and Remove Scars
- Common Eye Problems and Common Eye Disorder Treatment
- Lyubov Gorelik Chosen to Be Featured in Leading Publication
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.