Migraine Headaches Causes Symptoms And Natural Home Remedies For Migraine Headaches - Online Article
Migraine Headaches are paroxysmal ailments that are accompanied by a severe headache. The headache normally occurs on one side of the head. Migraine is associated with disorders of digestion, liver, and sight. Migraine headaches occur sometimes due to great mental tension and stress. Migraine headache patients are typically smart, inflexible, disciplined. Sudden migraine attacks may occur due to overworked muscles in the head and neck and due to continuous stress. The blood flow drops because these tight muscles squeeze the arteries. When the person suddenly relaxes these tight muscles expand and stretch the blood vessel walls. The blood pumped with each heartbeat then pushes the vessels further causing immense pain.
Causes of Migraines
There are myriad of causes that can trigger migraines. Common causes include:
- Sleep disorders (or too little/too much sleep)
- High or low blood pressure
- Birth control pills
- Artificial sweeteners
- Fasting for an extended period of time
Common symptoms of a migraine attack are:
- Moderate to severe, throbbing head pain, most commonly on one side of the head.
- Head pain that worsens with physical activity.
- Sensitivity to light and/or sound.
- Nausea or vomiting.
Migraine Treatment and Advice
- Do not take heavy and spicy food stuff.
- Avoid unwanted stress.
- Tie a tight cloth around the head. It will decrease blood flow to the scalp and lessen the throbbing and pounding of a migraine.
- Avoid chocolate, aged cheese, red wine, citrus fruits. These foods all contain tyramine or other histamines which have been shown to begin migraines in people with food sensitivities.
- Niacin has proved helpful in relieving migraine pain. Natural sources of this vitamin are yeast, whole wheat, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, nuts, sunflower seeds, liver, and fish.
Home Remedies for Migraine
- Migraine can be treated effectively with the help of fresh grape juice. Grind grapes to extract the juice. Consume the juice in the concentrated form, without adding water.
- Lemon peel is helpful in solving migraine headache. Grind lemon peel to form a paste and apply it on the forehead. Let it dry and then rinse off with cool water.
- A mixture of carrot juice, either with spinach, beet or cucumber juice, works effectively in curing migraine. Combine 300 ml of carrot juice with 200 ml of any other juice and drink it.
- You can also mix 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices, with 300 ml of carrot juice and drink it on a regular basis.
- Massaging the forehead with primrose oil is beneficial in curing migraine. It works as an excellent anti-inflammatory agent, preventing any kind of constriction in the blood vessels.
- Include garlic in your diet. Either chew a piece of garlic in the raw form or mix it with other food items.
- Another effective method would be to have chamomile tea. This is effective in reducing the occurrence of migraine.
- Taking lukewarm water enema is effective. It cleanses the bowels, thereby removing the toxins from the body and helping prevent migraine.
- Take some sandalwood powder and add a few drops of water to it, so as to form a paste. Apply this paste on the forehead and let it dry. Once dry, rub it off by hand and wash it.
- It is advisable to avoid direct sunlight; smoking and drinking alcohol, as all these can aggravate migraine.
Related Online Articles:
- Diabetes and Blood Sugar Remedies and How to Control Diabetes
- Psoriasis Treatment and Home Remedies for skin psoriasis
- Obesity Causes and Symptoms and Facts and Tips for Fast Weight Loss
- Home Remedies for Constipation and Causes Symptoms and Prevention of Constipation
- Kidney Stones Treatments and Causes Symptoms and home Remedies for Kidney Problems
- Learn how to cope up your crisis with best psychologist and therapist in NYC
- Diabetes Causes Symptoms Diet Plan and Home Remedies for Diabetes
- Stress Causes Symptoms and Ways to Relieve Stress
- UFC Gym Partners with Marpo Kinetics to Present the Marpo DUT Challenge
- Bad Breath Causes and Bad Breath Cure using Natural Home Remedies
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.