Enterocele or Hernia is described as a condition where an internal organ bulges through a weak region in the mesentery or muscle wall. There are different types of Hernia, depending upon the affected organ or the region where the condition is seen. These include "Inguinal hernia, is the most common type of hernia and affects the organs in the groin; Umbilical, around the belly button; Incisional, through a scar formed by trauma or by surgery; Hiatal, the stomach protrudes through the diaphragm into the chest; and Congenital diaphragmatic, a birth defect that needs surgery". Hernia is very common and can be seen in men, women and children. Muscular weakness combined with heavy physical labor like lifting weights, can precipitate a hernia. Some people have from their birth weak abdominal muscles. They are more prone to suffer from Enterocele or Hernia.
Causes of Hernia
A hiatal hernia occurs at the opening in the diaphragm where the esophagus joins the stomach. A hernia is a protrusion of the lining of the stomach into this opening. Small hernias usually go unnoticed and may not require any treatment. Larger protrusions can cause digestive problems and should be treated. Untreated hernias can cause food and acid to back up into the esophagus. This can lead to symptoms such as heartburn, chest pain, nausea and excessive burping.
Home Remedies for Hernia
There are home remedies for hernia that you can apply for treatment and prevention.
- Avoid physical and mental stress. Practicing yoga will do you good for discipline and relaxation.
- Diet plays a very significant role for a faster hernia recovery. Instead of taking three big meals in a day, it would help a lot if you would take small, frequent meals to allow easier and better digestion. You should also avoid drinking water while eating as it bloats the stomach and dilutes gastric juices which enhance gas formation and fermentation.Drink water thirty minutes before and after taking meals.
- Drink fresh fruit juices that are high in calcium and vitamin A thirty minutes before meals. A glass of tomato juice with a pinch of salt and pepper in the morning will help ease the burning sensation in the chest. Carrot juice is also proven effective to soothe stomach due to its alkalinity.
- If you feel any pain, apply ice bag in the area to help relieve the pain. Avoid applying pressure or heat over the swollen area.
- One of the most effective home remedies for hernia is by placing a few bricks under your bed’s head board thereby elevating your bed by at least six inches. Do not use any pillows because it increases pressure in the abdomen area.
- Having a healthy lifestyle is very important in treating hernia. If you are a cigarette smoker, you should immediately kick off the habit since smoking increases acidity in the stomach and worsens your condition. You should also avoid drinking alcoholic and caffeinated beverages. Even tea should be avoided.
Related Online Articles:
- Baldness Home Remedies and Natural treatments of Male Baldness
- How to gain stamina and Energy Special Tips to Boost your Stamina and Energy Level
- Psychologist nyc is the best to consult with
- Anti Aging Tips and Natural beauty Tips to Look Younger
- Kidney Problems Causes symptoms and Natural Home Remedies for Kidney Problems
- Natural cure for diabetes and Dietary Plan for Diabetes
- How to increase Height Naturally and ways to increase Height
- Home Remedies for Knee pain and Joint Pain Treatment
- Asthma Causes symptoms and Natural Treatments and Natural Home Remedies of Asthma
- Liver disease causes and Symptoms and How to Cure Liver Cirrhosis
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.