A chronic skin disease, psoriasis is basically of five types - plague psoriasis, guttate psoriasis, pustular psoriasis, inverse psoriasis and erythrodermic psoriasis. It is characterized by thick, red, silvery, scaled patches on the skin. Also known as inflammatory skin condition, it is seen in both men and women and usually appears in the age of 15-30 years. Heredity factor, abnormality in the metabolism of amino acids and proteins, seasonal changes, injury to the skin and skin infections are some of the causes of psoriasis. The ailment can be cured at home also, using the natural ways. In the following lines, we provide some home remedies for curing psoriasis.
Psoriasis Causes and Symptoms
Psoriasis is not so common chronic skin disorder which can be seen in people of any age group (more commonly in adults in their 30s and 40s). Once contracted, it can last for a long time and flare up at regular intervals. Genetics is the most important cause of psoriasis as sudden mutation in certain genes can give rise to psoriasis. Among the environmental causes, sun burn, chronic skin rash, weather changes, stress, infection as well as side effects of certain drugs can give rise to psoriasis. The symptoms of psoriasis include red patches on the skin which are covered with white silvery scales. These patches are mostly seen on joints like elbows, knees, knuckles and genitals. However, they can be seen in any part of the body. Similarly, the severity of the disease varies from person to person. In some people, the symptoms are seen only in some parts of the body while in some other cases, they may be seen all over the body. People suffering from psoriasis are otherwise healthy and do not experience any other symptoms.
- Take a well balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains.
- Apply a moisturizer to lubricate and soften scaly patches of skin.
- Take a daily bath in warm water to soak off the scales.
- Try deep breathing and relaxation exercise to reduce stress.
- Do not take tea, coffee, all animal fats, and processed foods.
- Don’t scratch or rub patches of thickened skin.
- Avoid harsh skin products and lotions that contain alcohol. They may dry the skin and make psoriasis worse.
- Keep your towel, clothes separate and clean.
Home remedies for Psoriasis
There are home remedies for psoriasis that you can apply for treatment and prevention.
- Wash cabbage leaves in warm water.Roll them out with a rolling pin and place them on the affected area. Bandage them so they stay secure in place.Use daily to treat psoriasis.
- Mix a cup of bittergourd juice with a tsp of lime juice. Drink daily to treat this problem effectively.
- Apply avocado oil gently over the affected areas.
- The oil from the outershell of a cashew is very useful in treating this condition.It must be applied liberally over the affected areas to cure psoriasis.
- Drink buttermilk regulary and also apply some over the affected parts.Take about 400gms of Vitamin E everyday to reduce the appearanc eof psoriasis.
- Take 6-9 lecithin tablets everyday. 2-3 before each meal.When taking in the form of granules take about 4 tbsp everyday for 2 months then reduce dosage to 2 tbsp per day.
Skin Care Tips
Treatment of skin is not very satisfactory, because there is no specific remedy. Undoubtedly, many cases of minimal acne can be controlled by simple hygienic measures. The patient often takes this disorder very seriously. He feels unhappy, and hence needs medical advice and reassurance.
Related Online Articles:
- Acne Treatment using Natural Home Remedies for Acne
- Yoga for weight loss and Quick Weight Loss Tips
- Sleeplessness or Insomnia Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies for Anxiety Sleeplessness
- Shahnaz Hussain Beauty Tips to get Natural Beauty
- Ringworm treatment and Treatment for Ringworm Rash
- Kidney Stones Treatments and Causes Symptoms and home Remedies for Kidney Problems
- Acne causes symptoms and Natural Treatment of Acne and Pimples
- Weight Loss Tips to lose weight Fast and Quick
- Ear infection Causes Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies for Ear infection
- Back Pain Causes, Symptoms and Natural Treatment for Back Pain
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.