Psoriasis is a condition in the skin that is identified as dry and scaly patches- a formation of dry skin cells that appear as scruffy and silvery sometimes reddish and rough. It usually appears in the knees, scalp, forehead, elbows, crotch, buttocks, back, and sometimes in eyebrows, genitals, navel, armpits, and nails. Appearance of psoriasis is often associated with poor hygiene but clean people can still get psoriasis.
Causes of Psoriasis
Following are the major psoriasis causes:
- Due to abnormality in the mechanism in which the skin grows and replaces itself
- Abnormality with the metabolism of amino acids
- Use of certain medicines
- Due to infections
- Heredity factors are also responsible
- Physical and emotional stress
Psoriasis Treatment and Advice
- Take a well balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains.
- Apply a moisturizer to lubricate and soften scaly patches of skin.
- Take a daily bath in warm water to soak off the scales.
- Try deep breathing and relaxation exercise to reduce stress.
- Do not take tea, coffee, all animal fats, and processed foods.
- Don’t scratch or rub patches of thickened skin.
Home Remedy for Psoriasis
- Simmer 25 grams each of dried burdock seed and chamomile flowers in 600 ml of water, for about 15 minutes. Strain the mixture through a clean cloth, sweeten it with honey and store it in a refrigerator. Have 3 tablespoons of the decoction, 3 to 4 times a day, on a regular basis.
- In a small cup of olive oil, put 2 drops of calendula oil and 1 drop of oregano oil. Rub it on the affected area.
- In 4 cups of water, boil 4 marigold heads, for about 2 minutes. Once cooled, massage the lotion into your scalp. Then, wash the hair with a mild shampoo. Add lemon juice or cider vinegar to the rinsing water to ensure a thorough rinse.
- Mix a cup of freshly prepared bitter gourd juice with a tsp of limejuice. Drink this mixture every day, on an empty stomach, for 4 to 5 days.
- Mud packs are effective in treating psoriasis. Take powdered Fuller's earth and add enough water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area, let it dry and rinse off. It will help remove toxins from your skin.
- Mix Aloe Vera gel and garlic oil in equal proportions. Apply on the affected area. This is a good natural remedy for psoriasis.
- Seawater is beneficial in curing psoriasis. Regular seawater baths as well as application of seawater over the affected parts is one of the best ways of treating psoriasis.
- Wash the affected area to ensure that it is clean. Next, apply cashew nut oil on it and keep it overnight. Wash off in the morning.
- Cabbage leaves act favorably in treating psoriasis. Remove the thick veins of the leaves and wash them thoroughly. Apply on the affected area.
- Hot Epsom salt bath is used to treat psoriasis. Apply olive oil after the Epsom salt bath. It will prove beneficial in curing psoriasis.
Related Online Articles:
- High Blood Pressure Treatment and Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure and Diet Plan
- Vitamins for Hair loss hair Growth and Hair Care Tips
- Stomach Ache Causes Symptoms and Home Remedy for Stomach Ache or Stomach Pain
- Cellulite Home Remedies and Get rid of Cellulite and Cellulite removal
- Weight Loss Diet Plan and Easy Weight Loss Tips
- How to Take Care of Your Dry Skin and Home Remedies for Dry Skin
- Colon Cleansing Help in Weight Loss Naturally
- Sore throat Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies for Sore in Throat
- Sleeplessness or Insomnia Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies for Anxiety Sleeplessness
- Multiple sclerosis Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Multiple sclerosis
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.