Ringworm refers to a fungus infection that affects the scalp, body, feet and the nails. It is also known as Tinea. In ringworm a red ring appears on the infected person’s skin. It is contagious and may spread with direct or indirect contact. Ringworm is caused by several different fungus organisms that belong to a group called Dermatophytes, derma means skin and phytes means organisms. The duration of the scalp ringworm is 10-14 days and that of skin ringworm is 4-10 days.
Causes of Ringworm
Following are the major ringworm causes:
- Lack of protective fatty acids in the scalp
- Excessive sweating
- Skin wounds
- Pets such as dogs and cats
- Wearing unwashed clothes or sharing combs of infected people
Ringworm patches on body are round or oval
The patches of ringworm on the body are usually round or oval, with raised pink and scaly rings which show a clean space in the centre. The itching in the infected parts helps to spread infection through the nails to other healthy part of the body. If it is not treated for a long time, the infection becomes chronic and is then difficult to get rid of.
Home Remedies for Ringworm
- Papaya is beneficial in treating ringworm patches. Rub a slice of papaya on the ringworm patches. Another alternative would be to make a paste with the powder of dry papaya seeds and water. Apply this paste over the ringworm patches. Let it dry and then wash off.
- Prepare a paste of mustard seeds and water. Wash the skin using hot water thoroughly before applying this paste over the ringworm patches. Let the paste dry and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Make a paste using the seeds of the herb butea, combined with some lime juice. Apply this past over the affected area and rinse it off after it dries. This is effective way to treat ringworm.
- Extract the juice of the leaves of cassia tree and apply on the affected area. It will help stop the irritation of the skin and lessen the swelling and pain as well. Another way would be make a paste out of the leaves, with water, and apply it on the patches.
- Extract the juice of holy basil and apply it over the affected area. This will prove beneficial in treating ringworm patches.
- The juice of raw turmeric is beneficial, when applied on the patches. You can also consume a mixture of 1 tsp turmeric juice and 1 tsp honey.
- Raw vegetable juice is beneficial in treating ringworm patches. Combine 300 ml carrot juice and 200 ml spinach juice and drink on a daily basis.
- The leaves of holy basil are also useful in ringworm. The juice of these leaves should be extracted and applied over ringworm patches
All-fruit diet, curd and milk
To begin with, the patient should adopt an all-fruit diet for about five days. He should take three meals a day of fresh juicy fruits such as apples, oranges, papayas, pineapples, and pomegranates at five-hourly intervals. This will help eliminate morbid matter from the body and lead to substantial improvement. Fruits and salt-free raw or steamed vegetables with whole-wheat wheat tortilla may be taken after the all-fruit diet. After a few days curd and milk may be added to the diet
The patient may, thereafter, gradually embark upon well-balanced diet with emphasis on seeds, nuts, wholegrain cereals, raw or lightly cooked vegetables, and fresh fruits.
Avoid tea, coffee and tinned or bottled foods
The patient should avoid tea, coffee, all condiments and highly flavoured dishes, as well as sugar, white flour products, and tinned or bottled foods
Related Online Articles:
- Headache Causes, Symptoms and Natural home remedies for Migraine Headache
- Stomach Ache Causes Symptoms and Home Remedy for Stomach Ache or Stomach Pain
- Anxiety and Depression Treatment and Natural Home remedies to get rid of Anxiety Depression
- Gerd Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Gerd
- Psoriases Treatment and Natural Cure of Psoriases and Skin Care Tips
- Diabetes Mellitus and Control on Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes naturally
- Best Vitamins and Food for cell growth division
- Home remedies for memory loss and Memory Loss Treatment
- Anti Aging Tips and Natural beauty Tips to Look Younger
- Acne Treatment using Natural Home Remedies for Acne
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.