Scars refer to a patch that is formed on the skin after a cut, any injury and acne. It’s a natural way in which the skin repairs itself from injury. The most common ones are the acne scars that are of much concerned. Some scars can be healed but some become permanent and are difficult to cure.
How scarring occurs?
Scarring occur when the deep dermis layer of skin is damaged. The deeper the damage, the worse the scar.
Many skin scars are pale and leave a trace of the original injury that caused them. The time that a scar takes to form may range from a few days to, in some serious and rare cases, several years. Various treatments can speed up the process in serious cases.
To repair the damage, the body has to lay down new collagen tissues As the body cannot re-build the tissue exactly as it was, the scar tissue will have a different texture and quality than the surrounding normal tissue. An injury does not become a scar until the wound has completely healed.
Factors affecting scar formation -
Many factors affect the severity of scar formation, such as -
- The size and depth of the wound.
- Location of the injury on the body.
- The blood supply to the area.
- Age of the person
- The thickness, type and colour of the person's skin.
- The direction of the scar.
Once a scar forms, it is permanent. However, it may be made less visible or displaced surgically.
Home Remedies for Scars
- A mixture of sandalwood paste and black gram paste helps reduce the intensity of scars if started early. This is effective Home Remedy for Scars.
- Rubbing your skin with ice cubes helps to tighten the skin.
- You can use cucumber and lemon juice on your scars. This is another good Home Remedy for Scars
- Vitamin E oil when applied on the scarred skin may do wonders for your skin.
- To prevent deepening of the scars, apply aloe vera gel, cod liver oil or vitamin E oil.
- Applying cocoa butter is also a good remedy in getting rid of the scars. This is also effective Home Remedy for Scars
- Rub ice cubes on the face for 10-15 minutes. It will tighten the pores.
- Apply cucumber juice on the face. Wash it off after 15 minutes to tighten the pores.
- Application of Aloe Vera gel to the fresh wounds prevents the formation of permanent scars.
- The best method of scars treatment is the application of sandalwood paste with rose water. Apply paste overnight and wash the face next morning. This is a good home remedy for scars.
- Lemon juice is natural bleach and helps in lightening the scars and blemishes of the skin.
- Apply essential oil of lavender on the scars with a cotton ball twice a day.
- The most effective home remedy for scars is application of honey several times a day. It will give a natural glow to the skin and will remove all scars.
- Apply cucumber juice to the scars and leave for 15 minutes and wash the face with cold water.
Related Online Articles:
- Cholesterol Management and Lowering your Cholesterol
- Best to Natural cure of Hormonal Imbalance and get rid of Hormonal Imbalance
- Shahnaz Hussain Beauty Tips to get Natural Beauty
- Gastritis Causes Symptoms Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Gastritis Pain
- Stress Management Tips and Get Relief from Stress and Strain
- Gerd Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Gerd
- Vitamins Essential for Healthy Skin and Skin Care Tips
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Causes and Home Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Baldness Home Remedies and Natural treatments of Male Baldness
- Arthritis Symptoms Causes Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Arthritis
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.