Diabetes is a very common disorder that affects the manner in which the body handles carbohydrates, fats and proteins. If neglected, diabetes can have serious complications. Fortunately, with a healthy lifestyle and with diet management you can lead a healthy life. The diabetic people have a high level of blood sugar. The blood sugar level is regulated by insulin (a hormone produced by the pancreas). The blood sugar level is regulated by your eating habits.
Risk Factors That May Cause Type 1 Diabetes
- No one knows for certain why this happens, the following are possible risk factors for Type 1 diabetes.
- Some viruses like mumps, coxsackie virus, or cytomegalovirus.
- It has also been observed in some babies who develop jaundice or a respiratory infection just after the birth.
- Early feeding of cow's milk to the child has been linked to an increased risk of type 1 diabetes.
Early warning signs and symptoms include:
- Excessive urination
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Recurring vaginal yeast infection
- Wounds that do not heal in a timely fashion
Causes of Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes Type 2 (non insulin dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes): Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 (Type II) is a result of body tissues becoming resistant to insulin. It generally happens to people above 40 years of age and is usually hereditary.
A study (January 2004 issue of the Journal Diabetes Care) suggests that people with a deficiency in magnesium have increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Drinking two or more sweetened fruit drinks and other soft drinks per day for one month can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes by 31%, according to the researcher Julie Palmer of the Boston University in a report published in the Archives of Internal Medicine. Diet soft drinks, orange juice and grapefruit juice are not linked to a higher diabetes risk, because they may have a different metabolic effect.
Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes
Following are some of the effective home remedies for diabetes:
- Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning. It is an effective home remedy for diabetes
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel. Take this mixture two times a day before lunch and dinner. It is also good diabetes mellitus treatments.
- Drink a watery juice of a small Bitter Gourd (remove seeds) every morning. It is one of the best home remedies for diabetes.
- Add 3-table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame, and then strain the mixture. Drink this mixture daily to cure diabetes.
- Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) twice a day to reduce sugar.
- Take the juice of crushed fish-berry (amruth) soaked in water for a day first thing in the morning.
Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
- Prepare a mixture by adding equal quantities of turmeric powder and dried gooseberry powder with honey or drink equal quantities of gooseberry juice and fresh turmeric juice in an empty stomach daily.
- Eat garlic regularly as it regulates sugar level.
- Bitter melon is wonderful herb in treating diabetes mellitus.
Related Online Articles:
- Diabetes Type1 and Type2 Causes - Symptoms and Home Remedies
- Nutrition and Diet Basics for Good Health
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Causes and Home Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acne causes symptoms and Natural Treatment of Acne and Pimples
- Amenorrhea Causes, Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies
- If you are suffering from anxiety attacksyou will have to take remedial action quickly for anxiety
- Dental care Tips and Causes Symptoms and Treatment for Tooth Discoloration
- Cure for the Blind and Natural Home Remedies for Blindness
- Memory Enhancement Techniques and Causes Symptoms and Treatments of Memory Loss
- Vitamins for High Blood Pressure and Low blood Pressure
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.