Back pain - though it is a disorder, is never taken all that seriously. It is an ailment that affects almost everyone in their lifetimes. It is a serious issue and if its not taken care of can take monstrous proportions. Yet for all this, there are certain simple things that one can do to keep this issue of back pain in check.
Mild exercises when you have back pain can actually help you de-stress and find relief from back pain. To start mildly is the key. There is always a tendency for the back pain to feel little worse as you begin, yet it should not be a major concern. Exercises should be such that it eases the back and doesn't stress it out further. Walking over short distances, stretching, mild swimming are exercises that are advisable.
The symptoms for back pain are very hard to miss. The problem about having back pains is that we use our back muscles for just about everything that we do. Whenever you are having back pains, you will notice that the pain gets worse if you cough or sneeze. Not only that, but you could have numbness in your legs. People with back pain can not sleep the whole night without being awakened by pain from their back. Others will find that it is very hard to pass urine or to have any kind of bowel movement. Last, but not least, most of the time, when you have bad back pain you will lose the ability to control urination or your bowel movements.
Causes of Back Pain
The various factors responsible for the onset of backache are:
- Back strain
- Strained ligaments
- Back muscle injury
- Excess lifting of heavy objects
- Disc disorders
- Slipped disc
- Chronic diseases like Arthritis, Abdominal disorders, Peptic ulcers, Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Dysmenorrhea in women, Bone cancer, Osteoporosis.
Home Remedies for Back Pain
Use These Home Remedies for Back Pain
Ask someone massage the affected area with herbal oils using knuckles and increasing pressure slowly. After a few minutes you will feel less discomfort. This gets rid of tension and relaxes the muscles in that area.
Every time you lift something, remember to bend your knees first, this will prevent your lower back from getting tense causing damage to your spine and back muscles.
Never twist while lifting this can have bad effect on your vertebrates. Avoid lifting heavy objects in the last couple of weeks of your pregnancy.
Do not sit in couches, always sit in firm chairs supporting the lumbar area with a pillow. This will help you keep your waist and lower back in the proper position.
Rice: Take 1 cup uncooked rice and tie it in a thick cloth ( or fill it in a thick sock) Heat this cloth pack in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds on medium-low. Apply it to the back. Keep the temperature tolerable.
Ice Packs: Apply ice packs immediately after back strain or injury. It reduces inflammation and helps numb pain. To prepare a cold compress, pack a few crushed cubes of ice into a plastic bag. Cover this bag with a towel, and apply it to the back for about 15-20 minutes. After 30 minutes, repeat the process.
Epsom salts: These salts reduce swelling thereby relieving back pain. Two cups salts should be mixed in water in bathtub and the patient should soak in it for about 30 minutes.
Ginger and Honey: It contains anti-inflammatory compounds and has mild aspirin-like effects. Take a 1- 2 inch fresh ginger root and cut into slices. Place the slices in 1 quart boiling water. Cover and simmer, 30 minutes on low heat. Cool it off for another 30 minutes. Strain the solution and mix some honey into it and drink.
Related Online Articles:
- Sprains Treatment and Home Remedies for Ankle Sprain
- Goiter Causes, Symptoms and Natural Treatment and Home Remedies for Goiter
- Anti aging Tips and Guide to Look Younger with these Anti Aging Tips
- Prostate Enlarged Treatment and Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Acne Treatment using Natural Home Remedies for Acne
- Ear infection Causes Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies for Ear infection
- Bladder control Problems Treatments, Causes and Symptoms
- Cellulite Home Remedies and Get rid of Cellulite and Cellulite removal
- Heart Disease Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Coronary Heart Disease
- Candida Natural Home Remedies and Natural Treatment of Candida Yeast Infection
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.