Gout is a form of arthritis that causes intense joint pain, often affecting the large joint of the big toe. Gout can also occur in the hands, wrists, knees, ankles and feet. The affected joints become red, inflamed and very tender. The symptoms occur suddenly and often at night.
Causes of Gout
Gout caused due to Uric Acid Crystals
One of main causes of gout is the formation of uric acid crystals in the joints, skin, and kidneys. Uric acid is an end product of the body's chemical processes. Those affected by gout have a higher level of uric acid in the blood than the normal, due either to formation of increased amounts or reduced amounts of acid being passed out by the kidneys in the urine. This uric acid usually remains dissolved in the blood. But when the blood becomes too full of it, the uric acid forms needle-shaped crystals in the joints which bring about attacks of gout.
Excessive alcohol, heredity, rich foods, lack of exercise also causes gout
Other causes of gout are heredity, alcoholic drinks, regular eating of foods rich in protein and carbohydrate, lack of proper exercise, and stress.
- Eat strawberries fresh strawberries also help neutralize uric acid, as do nuts, seeds, and grains, although to a lesser extent. The berries contain high concentrations of vitamin C as well as fruit acids and minerals, like potassium, magnesium zinc, manganese, calcium and iron.
- Eat some cherries - Consume cherries and cherry juice often. Cherries are an old nutritional remedy known to help reduce uric-acid levels
- Drink water in abundance 8-10 glasses per day will flush way toxins and dilute the uric acid levels.
- Increase your consumption of foods such as citrus fruits, berries, tomatoes, green peppers, and leafy greens, which are high in natural vitamin C and the bioflavonoids that reduce inflammation.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise can relieve or prevent joint pain.
- Exercise is needed to nourish the joint cartilage. Regular exercise helps the body remove waste products. Exercise strengthens the muscles around the joint. Developing strong muscles will support the joint more effectively and reduce injuries. Stretching your muscles helps you maintain a range of motion.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy. Try 2 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar mixed with 2 tablespoons of organic honey (2 times daily).within a few hours the pain of gout will start to subside.
Fast of Orange juice and water
For an acute attack, there is no better remedy than a fast of orange juice and water. In severe cases, it is advisable to undertake a series of short fasts for three days or so rather than one long fast.
All fruit diet
After the acute symptoms subside, the patient may adopt an all fruit diet for another three or four days.
Natural food diet
Thereafter, he may gradually embark upon a well-balanced diet of natural foods, with emphasis on fresh fruits, raw vegetables, and sprouts.
Avoid purine and acid producing foods
The patient should avoid all purine and uric acid-producing foods such as all meats, eggs, and fish; tea, coffee, sugar, white flour and its products; and all canned, processed, and fried foods.
Related Online Articles:
- Bladder control Problems Treatments, Causes and Symptoms
- Psychologist nyc is the best to consult with
- How to Increase Height Naturally and How to get Taller
- Acne Scars Causes Symptoms Types Diet and Home Remedies for Acne Scars
- Diabetes Mellitus and Control on Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes naturally
- Gerd Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Gerd
- How to increase Height Naturally and ways to increase Height
- Obesity Causes and Symptoms and Facts and Tips for Fast Weight Loss
- Diarrhea Home Remedies and Natural Treatment for Diarrhea
- Dandruff Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies and Hair Loss Solutions
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.