Natural ways to lower blood pressure
- Watch Your Weight: In over weight people, a 10 percent reduction in total body weight will sometimes normalize blood pressure.
- Get Physical: Go for a brisk 30-minute walk 6 days a week.
- Meditate: A new study shows it works for teens too.
- Try Yoga: It reduces stress and strengthens the mind and body.
- Butt Out: All forms of tobacco dramatically raise blood pressure.
- Shake Off Salt: And sodium-rich foods such as soy sauce and canned soups.
- Leave the Bar: 1-2 drinks a day is OK--even stress-relieving--but more can cause health problems.
- Check Your Blood: Have cholesterol and triglycerides checked regularly.
- Reject Refined Foods: Shun the sally, sugary, pre-made, preserved, fried and fatty.
- Swear Off Sodas: Soft drinks can deplete potassium (see No. 20).
- Find Fiber: Think veggies and whole grains.
- Forgo Fat: Choose white fish and skinless chicken and turkey. Skip cheese, bacon, red meat, gravy and desserts.
- Toss the Trans Fats: These are a greater risk than even saturated fats.
- Howl for Whole Oats: Eaten daily, oats lower hypertension.
- Try L-Carnitine: Another amino acid, also found in protein.
Ways to Reduce High Blood Pressure
- Reduce Weight - Eating a diet low in fat and high in fruit and vegetables acts to lower sodium levels in the body while increasing fiber, potassium and calcium. Not all people who are overweight suffer with high blood pressure but most are at risk. Fiber in the diet can be increased by adding foods such as dried beans and peas, fruit and oat products. These foods help to decrease cholesterol production and reduce blood pressure.
- Lower Sodium Intake - Reducing salt has a significant effect on lowering the blood pressure but not only salty snacks and other obviously salty foods are harmful. Check for hidden sodium that may appear in cheese, desserts, ketchup, etc. Avoid fast foods and smoked meat and fish products, which are high in sodium. Check food packaging for sodium content. Never add salt to food as it cooks or after it reaches the table. Instead, substitute herbs and other spices for salt.
- Reduce Red Meat Consumption - Red meats contain large amounts of saturated fats. Processed meat products contain high levels of sodium and are low in potassium.
- Exercise Regularly - Regular exercise stimulates the metabolism to burn more calories. If inactive, start the exercise program slowly with light to moderate walking or light weight training to burn more calories and increase muscle mass. Stress is believed to be an important factor in high blood pressure. If possible, eliminate stessful activities and try to relax whenever possible. Consider relaxation exercises or meditation.
- High blood pressure or hypertension refers to elevated blood pressure, which is a major health concern in the recent times. High blood pressure can be controlled effectively with regular physical activities, and a healthy diet, that contains some important vitamins and minerals. This article discusses the importance of vitamins for high blood pressure management.
- As the number of people suffering from hypertension is on the rise, it is highly important to understand the remedies for lowering blood pressure. Some of the safe and effective remedies for high blood pressure include a controlled diet plan, natural methods, aerobic exercise, herbs and homeopathic products.
Related Online Articles:
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- Yeast infections causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Yeast infections
- Home remedies for hair loss and Hair Loss Solution to Treat Hair Loss
- Stress Causes Symptoms and Ways to Relieve Stress
- Back Pain Causes, Symptoms and Natural Treatment for Back Pain
- Diet Chart for Fast Weight Loss and Healthy Weight Loss Tips
- How to gain stamina and Energy Special Tips to Boost your Stamina and Energy Level
- Gout Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Gout
- Sore Throat Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies
- Easy Weight Loss and Fat Loss Tips and Healthy weight Loss
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.