A wireless charging mat, the general concept of the mat is simple: place your electronic device on the mat, and it will charge. It is, in effect, trying to invent wireless electricity.
The idea of the PowerMat is pure sci-fi when you first hear about what it can do. While it’s true that you can drop your electronic device on the mat and have it start charging wirelessly, there’s a little bit more to it than that.
Powermat’s innovative technology eliminates the need for access to electrical sockets. Utilizing principles of magnetic induction, Powermat transmits electrical power via an ultra thin mat embedded in, or overlaid on, a work surface or wall, to electronic devices placed on it randomly.
Powermat’s safe and energy-efficient technology provides real-time powering for immediate and unlimited use of multiple electronic devices in any environment.
- Powermat’s innovative technology eliminates the need for access to electrical sockets.
- Utilizing principles of magnetic induction, Powermat transmits electrical power via an ultra thin mat embedded in, or overlaid on, a work surface or wall, to electronic devices placed on it randomly.
- In other words, the Powermat charging system works on Nikola Tesla’s principle of magnetic induction.
The most simple and part of the actual workings of the charging mechanism. This is the magnets that are in both the receiver and the pad. These will connect and hold the two together in the proper alignment and also help to maintain good and solid contact between the two.
Once the magnetic contact is made, the receiver sends a signal to the pad identifying the device. This RFID handshake helps with charging efficiency. Once the RFID handshake is successful you will hear an audible confirmation and an LED on the side of the pad will light.
From there the receiver and pad will maintain the charging connection until the device sends a signal saying that it is full. Once the battery is full the Powermat will shut off power and enter a listening mode.
The thinly layered mat is overlaid on or embedded in a work surface or wall - that transmits a magnetic field generated in an embedded coil matrix to the receiver. The receiver is a universal, pocket size; free-standing or embedded (in phase 2) in the electronic device.
Versatile- Supports a variety of low and high consumption electronic devices;
Green- Proprietary power management technology for maximum energy efficiency;
High safety standards - Hermetically sealed, no galvanic contacts;
Power-on-Demand (POD) - Transmits the required power needs exclusively to the targeted electronic devices;
- Energy efficiency - Surface Connect Technology distributes power efficiently (as needed) among multiple users when several electronic devices are simultaneously attached;
- Simultaneous Powering of Multiple Electronic Devices – Multiple devices can be powered at the same time. There is no need for a variety of dedicated chargers or power converters for each device to be powered;
- A Reduction in the Overall Number of Power Sockets (Outlets) – Powermat reduces the need to use multiple sockets which, in turn, enhances safety, reduces infrastructure-related costs and provides increased efficiency and flexibility;
- Real-time Powering – Powermat facilitates immediate and unlimited usage of electronic devices. Powermat technology is much more than a smart charger; it provides ongoing and real-time powering of high consumption devices and appliances;
- Power-on-Demand – Powermat transmits power exclusively to the targeted device, only when necessary and only to extent needed by the device being charged;
- Free-standing or Embedded Options – The Powermat can be overlaid on or embedded in electronic devices, walls, desks, and office furniture, as well as building materials and wet environments;
- Scalable Design – Powermat can be customized to any size and application. Surface Connect Technology can be produced to size and accommodate a wide variety of applications;
- Safety and Environment-friendly Details - Powermat technology saves electricity and reduces the need to rely on a large stock of corrosive batteries and eliminates environmentally polluting high capacity batteries.
- Simplicity and Reliability - Wireless charging eliminates charge connectors that break, wear out or misalign
However this great product may also have only one disadvantage. It needs a separate receiver to charge which led to a modification of a electronic devices.
Our suggestion to overcome this big disadvantage is we may connect receiver circuit tothe device mannualy
Related Online Articles:
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.