Diabetes is a disease in which your blood glucose, or sugar, levels are too high. Glucose comes from the foods you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy. The cause of diabetes continues to be a mystery, although both genetics and environmental factors such as obesity and lack of exercise appear to play roles. There are 20.8 million children and adults in the United States, or 7% of the population, who have diabetes. While an estimated 14.6 million have been diagnosed with diabetes, unfortunately, 6.2 million people are unaware that they have the disease. Diabetes mellitus, commonly referred to as diabetes was first identified as a disease associated with "sweet urine," and excessive muscle loss in the ancient world. Elevated levels of blood glucose lead to spillage of glucose into the urine, hence the term sweet urine. Normally, blood glucose levels are tightly controlled by insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas. Insulin lowers the blood glucose level. When the blood glucose elevates (for example, after eating food), insulin is released from the pancreas to normalize the glucose level. In patients with diabetes, the absence or insufficient production of insulin causes hyperglycemia. Diabetes is a chronic medical condition, meaning that although it can be controlled, it lasts a lifetime.
Home Remedies for Diabetes
1. Take juice of bilva and parijataka leaves in equal parts for natural remedy of diabetes. Take two teaspoons of it twice a day.
2. Avoid drinking alcohol (including beer, gin, wines and whisky).
3. Take two teaspoons of powdered Fenugreek seeds with milk. Two teaspoons of the seeds can also be swallowed whole, daily.
4. Avoid sweets, chocolates, rice, banana, grapes, mangoes, dry fruits, oils, cakes and pastries.
5. Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning.
6. Eat green vegetables, coriander, cucumber, cabbage, coconut, chenopodium album (bathu), creeper of pumpkin, cucumber, cabbage, bitter guard, carrot, tomato, lemon, radish, onion and ginger.
7. Avoid infections, burns and injuries as they develop ketosis in such stressful conditions.
8. Take 400 mcg. a day of chromium picolinate makes insulin more efficient helping keep sugar level low. Chromium maintains stable blood sugar levels through proper insulin utilization and can be helpful for people with diabetes and/or hypoglycemia.
9. Take plenty of potassium and vitamins C, E, and B-complex.
10. Eat 10 fresh fully grown curry leaves every morning for three months. It prevent diabetes due to heredity factors. It also cures diabetes due to obesity.
Diabetes Diet Plan
1. Eat about the same amount of food each day.
2. Eat at about the same times each day.
3. Take your medicines at the same times each day.
4. Exercise at the same times each day.
5. Every day, choose foods from these food groups: starches, vegetables, fruit, meat and meat substitutes, and milk and yogurt. How much of each depends on how many calories you need a day.
6. Limit the amounts of fats and sweets you eat each day.
Related Online Articles:
- Hernia Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Hernia
- Best Vitamins for Weak Eyesight and Vision
- Electronic Cigarettes A Healthier Alternative to Smoking
- Leucorrhea Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies and Leukorrhea Treatment
- Sleeplessness or Insomnia Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies for Anxiety Sleeplessness
- Easy Weight Loss and Fat Loss Tips and Healthy weight Loss
- Anti aging Tips and Guide to Look Younger with these Anti Aging Tips
- Multiple sclerosis Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Multiple sclerosis
- Beauty and Fitness for You
- Tinnitus Causes Symptoms Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Tinnitus
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.