The following vitamins are necessary for healthy hair:
1. Vitamin C — This nutrient is required for hundreds of functions, including tissue growth and repair. It is also necessary for overall well-being, protecting the body from infections, stress, and environmental toxins. If taking supplements of vitamin C, take with bioflavonoids for better absorption. Good food sources include berries, citrus fruits, and sweet peppers.
2. Beta carotene — This nutrient is turned into vitamin A in the body as needed. Deficiencies of vitamin A are linked to dry hair. Good food sources include sweet potatoes, carrots, and green leafy vegetables.green veggies
3. Vitamin E —This vitamin will increase circulation to the scalp and improve the growth of hair. Do not take more than the recommended dose of this nutrient. Vitamin E is found in avocados, nuts, brown rice, and dark greens.
4. B-complex vitamins — All of the B vitamins including biotin are very important for beautiful hair. They help the body deal with stress and promote growth. Deficiencies of biotin in particular have been linked to hair loss. Good food sources include brown rice, oatmeal, lentils, soy, eggs, and brewer's yeast.
5. Vitamin A – This vitamin is an antioxidant that helps produce healthy sebum in the scalp. Food sources: Fish liver oil, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches. Daily dosage should be 5,000 IU. More than 25,000 IU is toxic and can cause hair loss and other serious health problems.
6. Vitamin C – It is an antioxidant that helps maintain skin & hair health. Food sources: Citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, pineapple, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and dark green vegetables. Daily Dose: 60 mg.
7. Vitamin E – This vitamin is an antioxidant that enhances scalp circulation. Food sources: Cold-pressed vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds and nuts, dried beans, and leafy green vegetables. Daily dose: Up to 400 IU. Intake of this vitamin can raise blood pressure and reduce blood clotting. Those under high blood pressure medication would need clearance from their doctors.
8. Biotin – This vitamin produces keratin that prevents hair loss and hair graying. may prevent graying and hair loss. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and milk. Daily dose: 150-300 mcg.
9. Inositol – This vitamin keeps hair follicles healthy at the cellular level. Food sources: Whole grains, brewer's yeast, liver and citrus fruits. Daily Dose: Up to 600 mg.
10. Niacin (Vitamin B3) – This vitamin allows scalp blood circulation. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, wheat germ, fish, chicken, turkey and meat. Daily dose: 15 mg.
11. Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - This prevents graying and hair loss. Food sources: Whole grain cereals, brewer's yeast, organ meats and egg yolks. Daily dose: 4-7 mg.
12. Vitamin B6 – It prevents hair loss and helps create melanin that gives hair its color. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, liver, whole grain cereals, vegetables, organ meats and egg yolk. Daily dose: 1.6 mg. High dosage of this vitamin can cause numbness in hands and feet.
13. Vitamin B12 - It prevents hair loss. Food sources: Chicken, fish, eggs and milk. Daily
Related Online Articles:
- Top Weight loss tips quick and naturally
- Liver disease causes and Symptoms and How to Cure Liver Cirrhosis
- Best Vitamins Supplements and Food for male impotence
- Dandruff Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies and Hair Loss Solutions
- Yeast infections causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Yeast infections
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- Psoriasis Treatment and natural Home Remedies for Psoriasis and Eczema
- Acne Spot Treatment Remedies
- Hernia Pain Causes Symptoms Diet Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Hernia
- Prom Hairstyles and Great and Good hairstyles
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.