Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin it is needed to promote a healthy body tissue, to ward off infections especially in the mucous membrane and to aid in building of teeth and bones. It also prevent the formation of rough, hard skin. Individual who lacks vitamin A develop night blindness.
Other Benefits of Vitamin A:
1. Development and maintenance of healthy epithelium.
2. Helps treat pimples, emphysema and hyperthyroidism.
3. Antioxidant neutralizing free radicals thus prevents premature aging. Free radical can cause degenerative changes like arthritis, atherosclerosis, etc.
4. It is said that Vitamin A may help in the prevention of cancer in organs and glands with epithelial tissues such as the mammary glands, skin and passages of the body. The lungs gut, bladder and reproductive organs (including prostate gland) are lined by epithelial tissues.
5. Builds body resistance to prevent respiratory tract infections.
6. Ensures soft and supple skin: Vitamin A helps to keep your body free from free radicals and toxins, which might cause damage to your skin. It helps to keep the skin soft and supple by ensuring moisture retention thereby preventing dryness, keratinization and skin conditions like psoriasis.
7. Stronger bones and teeth: This vitamin also strengthens the bones and teeth. Vitamin A helps in the formation of dentin, a layer of hard material just below the surface of the teeth, thereby enhancing its strength.
8. Prevents urinary stones: Vitamin A prevents the formation of urinary calculi due to the formation of calcium phosphate. It also helps to keep the lining of the urinary tract in shape thereby reducing the recurring chances of stones.
9. Prevents Muscular dystrophy: By keeping the bones healthy and by retaining their shape. Vitamin A plays an essential role in ensuring proper muscle growth in children and growing teens.
Your body produces Vitamin D when your skin is exposed to sunlight and people with light skin are able to produce more amount of Vitamin D than people having dark skin. In modern life people afford inadequate exposure to sun that can meet required amount of Vitamin D. In same manner young skin can make more amount of Vitamin D as compared to aging skin. Here are explained some health promoting and life saving benefits of Vitamin D.
Benefits of Vitamin D
1. Low level of Vitamin D in body can cause depression and exposure to sun is considered best to relieve depression especially in winter because winter depression is caused due to seasonal effects.
2. Vitamin D plays an important role in lowering the incidence of inflammation and infection during flu seasons. It can reduce the complications as well as risk of seasonal flu.
3. Vitamin D can decrease the pain and chronic aching of the muscles and helps in normalizing calcium in blood which is required to soften the tight muscles and relaxation in muscles spasm. Blood calcium in muscles cause less menstrual cramps.
4. Vitamin D protects he lining of your blood vessels and helps in reducing the risk of heart stroke and cardiovascular diseases.
5. Sufficient amount Vitamin D can help in reducing the risk of bone loss, fractures and osteoporosis. Deficiency of vitamin D causes low metabolism of calcium and inefficient formation of bones and both males and females are at increased risk of fractures and bone loss in older ages.
Related Online Articles:
- Anti Aging Tips and Natural beauty Tips to Look Younger
- Dry Skin Care Tips to get Glowing Skin
- Bad Breath Causes and Bad Breath Cure using Natural Home Remedies
- Dehydration Causes Symptoms Prevention and Natural Home Remedies for Dehydration
- Nervous weakness Causes symptoms and Cure Nervous weakness
- Amenorrhea Causes, Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies
- Vitamins tips for glowing skin and Natural Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
- Anxiety Relief Treatments
- Memory Enhancement Techniques and Causes Symptoms and Treatments of Memory Loss
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Symptoms Diet and another Treatment for BPH
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.