What is Acne?
Acne is a disorder that causes skin eruptions and inflammation in human beings. It occurs principally during the adolescence/teenage years – the Pimple Phase, so to speak, which is suffered or endured by nearly 90% of the young population. But Acne is also quite commonly seen in adults.
What causes Acne?
It is thought that the increased production of the Testosterone hormone and natural oils in the body during the teenage years is responsible for the formation of pimples. However other physical and genetic factors may also play a role. Stress, psychological disturbances, and irregular living habits can also bring on Acne.
The most common features of acne
Most people do not have any problem in recognizing acne. But sometimes, there are a few other kinds of skin condition that resemble acne closely but are actually quite different.
In order to identify and estimate the acne condition in various stages, there are certain features to be examined.
1. Excessive oiliness on the skin.
2. Whiteheads which sometimes are inflamed spots.
4. Large visible skin pores.
5. Little bumps under the skin (clusters of them).
Home Remedies for Acne
1. Make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks, pimples will disappear forever.
2. Rub fresh garlic on and around pimples. Pimples will disappear without a mark with regular applications.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of blackheads and acne.
4. Ground drumstick pods and leaves and mix mixed with fresh lime juice, and apply on pimples. This is also good for blackheads and dark spots.
5. Apply juice of raw papaya (including the skin and seed) on swelling pimples or acne.
6. Apply fresh lime juice mixed to a glass of boiled milk as a face wash for pimples, blackheads, and cracked skin.
7. Mix lime juice and rose water in equal portions. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
8. Apply ripe tomato or cucumber pulp on acne pimples and keep upto 1 hour, then wash.
9. Apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Note that this remedy is not for sensitive skin.
10. Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomgranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils,acne, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
11. Apply grated potatoes as poultice to treat skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads , etc.
12. Make a paste of sandalwood with rose water. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
13. Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
Acne on Scalp
Scalp acne is treated in the same manner as the acne on face.
1. Try any of the remedies given above.
2. Dip a cotton ball in a skin cleanser containing salicylic acid and apply on the acne area.
3. Do not use any acne cream/oil containing benzoil peroxide or other peroxide ingredients on the scalp because it may change the color of your hair.
4. Mix 4 parts tea tree oil to 1 part lavender oil in olive oil or any other oil and apply to the scalp as a
5. Boil a cup of neem leaves in water. Wash your head with this water when it is warm.
Related Online Articles:
- How to Increase Height Naturally and How to get Taller
- Anti Aging Tips and Natural beauty Tips to Look Younger
- Anti aging Tips and Guide to Look Younger with these Anti Aging Tips
- Vitamins Essential for Healthy Skin and Skin Care Tips
- Vitamins for Headaches and Memory Enhancement
- Kidney Stones Treatments and Causes Symptoms and home Remedies for Kidney Problems
- Home Remedies for Arthritis and Joint Pain and Arthritis Treatment
- Diabetes Causes Symptoms and Treatments and Cure using Natural Home Remedies
- Easy Weight Loss and Fat Loss Tips and Healthy weight Loss
- How to increase energy and 10 Ways to Boost Energy
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.