Rakhi Celebration in India stands for the sacred relation between a brother and a sister. On the special occasion of Raksha Bandhan, people of all age group can realize the actual value of having their own brother and sister in their life. The bond of love between a brother and a sister is the most beautiful relation on this earth. This festival brings in the feeling of strong and divine relationship among siblings. Rakhi celebration strengthen the affectionate relationship and love among brothers and sisters.
On this auspicious day, sisters tie a rakhi or a silvery/golden ribbon around the wrist of their brothers and wish them to remain free from any evil influence throughout their lives. In turn, brothers also promise to protect their sisters from any odd situation at any cost.
Value of Rakhi thread
Rakhi is not a mere string of thread but a strong knot of never dying relationship between a brother and sister. A simple thread of Rakhi has that much of emotional strength that can create an eternal bond between a brother and a sister. Raksha Bandhan is also associated with other values like love, joyfulness, rituals, sentiments and pray to almighty God. As this festival promote these values of life, the festival of Rakhi is considered as a unique festival. The values of this great festivals overlap the boundaries of all casts, religions and nations. On this auspicious day, several rituals and traditional customs are fulfilled by the family members.
'Raksha' means protection, 'bandhan' means obliged or bind. Rakhi is celebrated by tying the Rakhi or a Holy Thread on brother's hand. Brothers thank their Sisters by giving them Gift. Rakhi can be tied to anyone whom you consider your brother. The blood relation is not necessary for it. It is said that Sisters ask for protection from their brothers by tying the Rakhi. If a person is not having a Sister then he should adopt one and provide her protection whenever she needs.
When is Raksha Bandhan?
Raksha Bandhan is celebrated on the full moon day of the month of Shraavan (as per Hindu calendar), i.e. in the months of July and August. As Rakhi is celebrated as per the Hindu calendar the dates may vary year after year. In 2010 - Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on Tuesday, 24th of August.
Rakhi – The Symbol of Chaste Love
A Rakhi, meaning ‘the bond of love’, is also a symbol of the profound love sisters have for their brothers. It is also manifestation of the countless blessings a sister showers selflessly on her brother. On this auspicious Rakshabandhan day, sisters tie the holy thread, Rakhi, on the wrist of their brothers and reinforce their faith in the basic philosophy behind Rakshabandhan – protect the weak from all that is evil. The brothers on their part take unsaid yet strong vows to protect their sisters through their thick and thin and pamper them with lots of Rakhi gifts. They also traditionally feed each other sweets, don graceful attires and spend the day in merriment.
Best Gift Ideas on Raksha Bandhan
Love, care and affection of a brother-sister relationship can never be redeemed at any cost. However, special gestures like having a quality time with each other or buying some gifts can be a great idea. We bring to you some of the most popular gift ideas on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan :
1. Apparels- Check out the new trends of apparels in market and shop for an exclusive dress for your sister. Don't forget to consder your sister's choice and going by season.
2. Fashion Jewelry- Surprise your sister with a set of stunning jewelry that will enhance her personality. Choose from antique jewelry, bracelets, rings, earrings, pendants, chains etc.
3. Decorative Items- Get around and shop for some decorative items like like showpiece, photo frame, hanging bells etc. Intricately designed with wonderful message can feel your sister how strong bonding both of you enjoy.
4. Cakes and Chocolates- Bring on mouthwatering cakes and chocolates loaded with your love and care. Creamy, soft cakes will surely test her taste buds. A big pack of her favorite chocolate will surey bring a big smile on her face.
Related Online Articles:
- Make Your Choice from the 40th Wedding Anniversary Gifts in Rhyme with the Occasion
- Uttarakhand Shadi
- Wedding Photo Connection Has Announced The Launch Of Its Six New HD Editing suites
- Milde Kennels brings to you the best and 100 percent purebred bulldogs
- French bulldog puppies for sale online
- Evergreen Anniversary gifts for the
- The Relationship Company Launches Local Dating Service in Omaha and NE
- 80th Birthday gifts--take an ostentatious pick
- Gateway Funding Needs Your Help Raising Money for Military Families this Holiday Season
- Less Earthly and More Ethereal 70th Birthday Gifts make Wonder for Grandparents
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.