Gerd (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease). “Gastro” is applied with reference to the stomach. Esophageal is used with reference to esophagus, which is the tube that through which the food is carried from the mouth to the stomach. Reflux implies to either back-up or flow backwards.
Symptoms of GERD
The various symptoms of GERD or acid reflux are you feel burning sensation after taking meal, chest pain, asthma, cough, problem while swallowing, swelling or irritation in vocal chords, sore throat.
Causes of GERD
Certain causes of acid reflux are excess weight, smoking and drinking. Pregnancy is also causes GERD due to heavy pressure on stomach and changes of hormone. Apart from these some of the foods related with acid reflux such as spicy and fatty foods, onions and garlic, brunette, tomato etc.
Avoid spicy and fried foods because they aggravate the symptoms. If possible take few small meals several times in a day, instead of large ones. Avoid alcohol, smoking, carbonated beverages, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, citrus fruits and chocolates all these contribute to GERD. Sedatives, channel blockers used for high blood pressure and tranquilizers can also aggravate the condition. Avoid orange juice on an empty stomach.
Other Suggestions for GERD
If GERD is left untreated then it can cause permanent damage to the esophagus. Never lie down immediately after meal. If you have severe complaint then avoids wearing tight clothes and belts. Use some extra pillows while sleeping to raise your head six to eight inches high.
Home Remedies for Gerd
1. Lemons, almonds and vanilla ice cream are helps to reduce heart burn.
2. Avoid spicy foods, onion, tomato sauce, garlic, chocolates, because they are the main factors of acid reflux.
3. Milk products such as cheese, concentrated milk and paneer also results in bad symptoms of Gerd.
4. Put the upper part of the body in an elevated position.
5. One must have a banana with milk before sleeping at night.
6. Smoking should be avoided as well as alcohol.
7. Do not eat salads, particularly green leafy vegetables at night.
8. You should avoid orange juice in empty stomach, because it may harmful for you.
9. Avoid smoking and drinking. It causes acid reflux.
10. Take cumin seeds water regularly. It stops the formation of gas in the stomach.
11. Consume zinger root capsule regularly after taking dinner. It helps to absorb acid from the stomach.
12. Mix 15 grams of dried peppermint with two cups of water. This is an effective treatment for acid reflux.
13. Drink about 2 ounces of cold skim milk every two hours until symptoms subside.
14. Add cumin to regular drinking water. This will help prohibit the buildup of gas bubbles in your stomach that agitate GERD.
15. Take one orange peel extract capsule three times a week. In about a month, you should notice GERD symptoms subside.
16. Sip coconut water every two hours throughout the day. Just add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to 8 ounces of water and drink it slowly.
17. Add plenty of almonds and cloves to your diet to help cure GERD. Try adding some almonds to your salad or a few cloves to your baked chicken.
Related Online Articles:
- Vitamins tips for glowing skin and Natural Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
- Vitamins Tips and Special Guide for Vitamins
- Enlarged prostate gland or Benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph) Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
- Weight Loss Diet Plan and Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Vitamins for weight loss How to Lose Weight with Vitamins
- Headache Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Tension Headache
- How to Increase Height Naturally and How to get Taller
- Acne causes symptoms and Natural Treatment of Acne and Pimples
- Sprains Treatment and Home Remedies for Ankle Sprain
- Increase Height Naturally with Natural Home remedies
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.