Hair loss is a metabolic disorder where hair starts thinning, falling, or disappearing. The papilla which is an upgrowth at the base of the follicle, actually produces hair when a special group of cells turn amino acids into keratin, a type of protein of which hair is made. The rate of production of these protein 'building blocks' determines hair growth. Hair loss is more common to men than to women.
Hair Loss Causes
Lack of vitamins, inadequate nutrition
The most important cause of hair loss is inadequate nutrition. Persons lacking in vitamin B6 lose their hair and those deficient in folic acid often become completely bald. But the hair grows normally after the liberal intake of these vitamins.
Stress, Prolonged Illness, unclean conditions
Other important cause of hair loss are stress such as worry, anxiety, and sudden shock, general debility caused by severe or long standing illnesses like typhoid, syphilis, chronic cold, influenza, and anaemia; an unclean condition of the scalp which weakens the hair roots by blocking the pores with the collected dirt; and heredity.
• The Indian gooseberry has been showing great results treating hair loss. For this, oil containing Indian gooseberry will be great to use.
• Lettuce is another great home remedy for treating hair loss. A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is considered to help the growth of hair if taken up to ½ liter a day.
• Another great home remedy for hair loss is Amaranth. Its fresh leaves juice should be applied to the hair and this can help growing new hairs.
• An application of coconut milk over the scalp will be helpful treating hair loss. You can take coconut milk and then massage it into the hair roots. It nourishes the hair and promotes the hair growth.
• The most valuable home remedy for hair loss is using seeds of lime and black pepper. Ground it together and then make it into fine paste. Use this paste as an application on the patches. This might irritate but simultaneously it stimulates the hair growth and promotes the hair follicles to grow firm hairs.
• The leaves of the tree margosa will be useful treating hair loss. It should be used as a decoction. This will stop hair from falling and will stabilize them into their roots. It also kills the hair lice.
• Another useful home remedy for hair loss is using the paste of liquorice. It can be made by grinding the liquorice pieces in the milk with a pinch of saffron. The paste should be applied over the bald patches at night before retiring to the bed. This works wonderfully for treating alopecia condition.
• Onions have also been found beneficial patchy baldness along with hair falling condition. The affected part must be rubbed with onions in the morning and evening. The juice of onion is stimulant to the hair follicles and hence will prevent falling too.
• A fine paste made form pigeon pea or red gram is also considered as good home remedy for hair falling. Use this for longer period for maximum benefit.
• One of the proven hair loss home remedy for hair loss is rubbing olive oil onto the scalp and affected area.
Hair loss prevention diet
Well balanced food intake
The healthy condition of the hair depends, to a very large extent, on the intake of sufficient amounts of essential nutrients in the daily diet. Persons with a tendency to lose hair should take a well-balanced and correct diet, made up of foods which, in combination, should supply all the essential nutrients. It has been found that a diet which contains liberal quantities of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables and fruits would provide adequate amounts of all the essential nutrients. Each food group should roughly form the bulk of one of the three principal meals. These foods should, however, be supplemented with certain special foods such as milk, vegetable oils, honey, wheat germ, yeast and liver.
Related Online Articles:
- Constipation Symptoms Causes Help and Natural Home Remedies for Constipation
- Diabetes Type1 and Type2 Causes - Symptoms and Home Remedies
- Obesity Causes and Symptoms and Facts and Tips for Fast Weight Loss
- Psoriasis Treatment and natural Home Remedies for Psoriasis and Eczema
- Dehydration Causes Symptoms Prevention and Natural Home Remedies for Dehydration
- Electronic Cigarettes A Healthier Alternative to Smoking
- Anxiety Relief Treatments
- Heart Disease Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Coronary Heart Disease
- Vitamins are necessary for Healthy Hair and Hair Loss and Hair Growth
- Best to Natural cure of Hormonal Imbalance and get rid of Hormonal Imbalance
devi tirumala on 2011-06-02 10:21:43 wrote,
the article is very useful to me thanks