The trouble with most of us is instead of nourishing and cleansing our body, we are congesting and destroying it. We do that by eating the wrong combination of food, consuming without control and taking insufficient water rich food.
A balanced diet comprising of diverse and healthy foods is key to promoting good health. After all, we are what we eat - Research continues to prove that eating healthy food promotes good health and unhealthy food habits lead to a diseased body. Foods contain vital nutrients that aid our body’s metabolic function. However, a lack of consumption of these nutrients or feeding upon the wrong kinds of food leads to an accumulation of toxins within the body, resulting in chronic diseases in the long run.
A nutritious diet while ensuring overall well being, helps to maintain a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI), reduces the risk of several debilitating diseases like cancer, cardiovascular ailments, diabetes, osteoporosis and stroke. Thus a nutritious & healthy diet is important in the prevention and cure of various diseases.
Healthy Food Groups
Since no single food group can nourish the body with all the vital ingredients it requires, it is important that we consume a variety of healthy foods to derive the nutrition our body needs. There are five main food groups, they are:
3. Cereals and Pulses
5. Poultry, Fish and Meat products
A healthy balanced diet of these five food groups ensures essential vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. The food group serving size will depend upon various factors like age, activity level, body size and gender. It is also important that one eat a variety of healthy foods from within and across the food groups. As some foods from within a food group provide more nutrients than others. This will ensure that one gets the maximum recommended nutrition from the food group; besides the food variety will make for an interesting meal.
In conclusion, it must be noted that allopathic medicine treats the symptoms rather than the root cause of the disease, which is usually caused by wrong eating habits leading to an accumulation of toxins within the system. Whereas a nutritious healthy diet can rectify underlying causes of diseases and restore one to wholeness of mind and body. Once we realize the connection between a wholesome balanced diet and good health, our food will be our medicine and maintaining good health will be a matter of making the right food choices and leading a healthy lifestyle.
Why is Nutrition Important
• It provides energy and keeps you vibrant.
You need energy to engage in your daily physical and mental activities. Upon digestion, food that you eat is broken into smaller molecules like glucose, amino acids, fats and vitamins. These molecules and nutrients are the elements that provide your energy.
The carbohydrates that you eat are broken down into glucose and is stored or used by your body. Fatty acids are broken fat molecules and a main source of providing energy to the body. However, excess carbohydrates and fat result in obesity and health complications.
• Produces and keeps your cells alive and repairs body tissues.
Among the cells present in your body are egg, bones, fat, muscle, brain, nerve and blood cells. All the cells have functions to perform. The body loses cells and makes new ones. Your body tissues are made up of millions of cells.
The nutrients that travel through your bloodstream prevent damage, keep these cells alive and help in producing new ones.
Amino acids broken down from the consumption of protein food helps in building and repairing body tissues.
Related Online Articles:
- Leucorrhea Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies and Leukorrhea Treatment
- UFC Gym Partners with Marpo Kinetics to Present the Marpo DUT Challenge
- Gout Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Gout
- Kidney Stones Treatments and Causes Symptoms and home Remedies for Kidney Problems
- Yeast infections causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Yeast infections
- Snoring Cures Treatment and Home Remedies for Snoring
- Weight Loss Diet Plan and Fast and Easy Weight Loss Tips for Healthy Weight Loss
- Gastritis Causes Symptoms Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Gastritis Pain
- Diabetes and Blood Sugar Remedies and How to Control Diabetes
- High blood pressure Causes Symptoms Prevention Diet and Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.