Dry skin has no permanent cure but the skin can be softened and made smoother by using a few remedies. When winter comes, dry skin comes along with it. Since there's less humidity is the air, our skin gets so uncomfortable and itchy. This dry air can then lead to general discomfort associated with cracked, peeling skin and chapped lips. Besides using a rich moisturizer, turning down the heat, and using a humidifier, eating these foods can also help improve dry skin. A diet consisting of a lot of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and Vitamin E can be taken for an inner glow in the skin.
Causes of dry skin
1. Environmental factors like less humidity, cold, use of excess make-up, sun exposure, use of harsh soaps and pollution
2. Nutrient deficiencies - deficiency of vitamin E, A and B cause dry skin
3. Skin problems like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis
4. Less supply of oil by the oil glands to the skin
Dry Skin Care Tips
1. Should use scrubs to remove the dry scaly skin. Apply ½ tsp of Vitamin E oil with 2-3 drops of lime juice and ½ tsp of glycerin.
2. Apply a mixture of 1 tsp warm Olive oil with a few drops of glycerin and 2-3 drops of lime juice.
3. 1 tsp of milk cream with2-3 drops of lime juice mixed well. This should be applied 10 minutes before a bath. It reduces the dryness and also is good when applied in Winter.
4. Plain, whole milk applied and left on for 10 minutes and washed with cold water helps.
5. Soaps can be drying. Stick with a creamy moisturizing cleanser that contains glycerin or petrolatum, such as Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash, or Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash(my current drugstore pick).
6. Dry Skin Mask: For revitalizing, the dead skin cells prepare a mask comprising an egg, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Add little rosewater drops in the end. Apply the mask and see the result for yourself.
7. Moisturizing before bed: It is essential to apply night face creams before retiring to bed at night. Rub gently until the cream disappears in your skin. Use a liquid moisturizer or facial oil having natural ingredients. Avoid using firm and hard moisturizing creams.
8. Milk bath: Indulge in milk bath once in a while to experience the goodness of milk and its moisturizing ability.
9. Regular cleanser for dry skin: Mix an egg yolk, 1-teaspoon orange juice and olive oil respectively. Add few drops of rose water and limejuice. Apply the paste daily before bath and get ready for a refreshing day. It rejuvenates the skin to a great extent.
Vitamins for Dry Skin
If you want to get rid of your dry skin the natural way, you may want to try vitamins for dry skin.
Vitamins E and A are wonderful for moisturizing and nourishing the skin, and you can find these vitamins in capsule at your local drug store or vitamin shop. These vitamins for dry skin can also be found in dry skin lotion, along with natural ingredients such as oatmeal and avocado oil. These are wonderful agents for softening the skin and restoring skin cells.
You may also want to use some essential oils when you're trying to find dry skin cures. Oils like carrot seed oil, lavender, and geranium help your skin to renew itself naturally, and you can make these oils effective by adding a few drops of an to a scentless carrier oil. This can be used instead of a lotion to keep your skin smooth and moisturized. You can also use a few drops of these oils in your bathwater to make sure that you are exposed to moisture.
Related Online Articles:
- Kidney Stones Treatments and Causes Symptoms and home Remedies for Kidney Problems
- Anti Aging Medicines and Foods and Diet for anti Aging
- Vitamins are necessary for Healthy Hair and Hair Loss and Hair Growth
- Sore throat Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies for Sore in Throat
- Online Pharmacy UK
- Amenorrhea Causes, Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies
- Nervous weakness Causes symptoms and Cure Nervous weakness
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Symptoms Diet and another Treatment for BPH
- Sleeplessness or Insomnia Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies for Anxiety Sleeplessness
- Hernia Pain Causes Symptoms Diet Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Hernia
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.