Obesity is defined as having an excess amount of body fat; being twenty to thirty per cent over the ideal weight for age, sex, and height. The america obesity problem is the number one health concern in the USA.
Dangers of obesity
People who are obese are more prone to developing diseases compared to those with normal weight. Health risks that are associated with obesity are high blood pressure, cancer, shorter life expectancy, diabetes, heart problems, stroke, sleep disorders, and liver diseases. All of these are due to the fact that obesity can put too much stress on the organs of our body.
The main cause of obesity is overeating. However, not many people know the causes of overeating. And, the answer to this question is stress. Many people today, especially young people, are now living a hectic and stressful lifestyle. Because they live this kind of life, they tend to eat comfort foods to get rid of stress.
Stress can make you feel hungry even though you just ate. Because of this reason, you will tend to eat more portions and fast food chains are serving food portions that are high in fat, sugar and salt 700 percent larger than what is recommended by dietitians and nutritionists.
Symptoms of Obesity
Although most people consider a fat child cute, parents should pay more close attention to their child’s weight. There are some signs that can help you detect if your child is in danger of obesity. It can usually be determined by measuring the height and weight. A child is considered obese of his/her weight is significantly over the ideal weight for his/her age and height. The most common symptoms of child obesity include disproportionate appearance of facial features, adiposity in the breast area among boys, unusually large abdomen and exceptionally small external genitals for males. Puberty may also occur earlier in obese children.
Dietary Treatments for Obesity
There is a direct relation between the diet one eats and obesity. Controlling the diet is a sure method of controlling obesity. The following guidelines must be observed:-
1. Foods that are excessively rich in carbohydrates must be avoided. These include rice and potatoes. Wheat must be used instead of rice. Barley and maize can also be used effectively.
2. Fatty substances must be avoided. In obese people, the chances of cardiovascular problems such as atherosclerosis are high. Hence, people who consume lots of hydrogenated fats have greater risk of cholesterol buildup in their arteries.
3. Obesity increases the chances of diabetes mellitus. Hence, people who are overweight must reduce their intake of sugars and other sweet foods.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Obesity
Guggulu is prescribed by most Ayurvedic physicians as the drug of choice in the control of obesity. It may be prescribed in its pure form (in the dosage of one gram four times a day), or it can be given in a mixture form as Navaka Guggulu or Triphala Guggulu. These are given in tablet form, followed by some hot drink. Mineral supplements such as Tapyaadi Lauha and Shilajitawadi Lauha are given in conjunction with the Guggulu tablets.
Home Remedies for Obesity
1. When you wake up in the morning, have a tablespoonful of honey mixed in an equal amount of water.
2. Drinking hot water continuously throughout the day also helps to dissolve the excess fat in the body.
3. Ginger is effective in dissolving fat. Have it twice or thrice a day in the form of tea.
4. Every one day a week, have a totally liquid diet. Fasting entirely can also be done if it is physically tolerable. This helps to flush out the toxins and excess fats accumulated throughout the week.
5. Regular exercise is one of the most important things. It helps to reduce the excess fats in the body and also keep the person fresh and active throughout the day.
Related Online Articles:
- Psoriasis Treatment and Home Remedies for skin psoriasis
- How to Take Care of Your Dry Skin and Home Remedies for Dry Skin
- How to Find a Great Medicare Doctor
- Acne Treatment using Natural Home Remedies for Acne
- Diabetes Causes Symptoms Diet Plan and Home Remedies for Diabetes
- Ear infection Causes Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies for Ear infection
- Sore throat Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies for Sore in Throat
- Yoga for weight loss and Quick Weight Loss Tips
- Back Pain Causes, Symptoms and Natural Treatment for Back Pain
- Leucorrhea Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies and Leukorrhea Treatment
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.