Diabetes is a bit of a distinguished sickness. That means that it manifests and affects each person uniquely. No two people experience the disease the same way.
This means that everyone needs specific medications for the sickness that they are afflicted with. One treatment technique for diabetes might work incredibly well for one person and not have a single benefit for a different person. Even so, there are a few different types of treatment that most methods of dealing with diabetes falls under. In this article we will talk about a few of the major ways to treat this condition.
Type of Diabetes
There are three major types of Diabetes:
1. Type 1 Diabetes - This type of Diabetes is usually diagnosed in childhood. Many patients are diagnosed when they are older than age 20. In Type 1, the body makes little or no insulin, and daily injections of insulin are needed. The exact cause is unknown. Genetics, viruses, and autoimmune problems may possibly play a role.
2. Type 2 Diabetes - This type of Diabetes is much more common than Type 1. It usually occurs in adulthood. In Type 2, the pancreas does not make enough insulin to keep blood glucose levels normal, often because the body does not respond well to insulin. Type 2 Diabetes is becoming more common due to the increasing rate of obesity and lack of exercise.
3. Gestational Diabetes - This type of Diabetes indicates high blood glucose that develops at any time during pregnancy in women who do not have Diabetes.
Treatment of Diabetes
Exercise for health
One vital part of a successful Diabetes treatment plan is exercise. It benefits diabetics by enabling them to lose weight and by normalizing their metabolism, both of which will cause the body processes to become more adept at handling insulin. Mild forms of exercise should be implemented first to give the body a chance to adapt to increased activity gradually. Some very good activities for diabetics include swimming and walking. Water aerobics are great because they provide aerobic activity while allowing the body to remain cool at the same time.
Another important aspect of a good plan is consuming a healthy diet. Learning which foods to eat and which to avoid is of great importance to a diabetic’s future well-being. Not only will you lose weight and feel better, you will also be better able to process insulin more efficiently. Consulting a dietician may be necessary to understand just how important a well-chosen food plan can be to a diabetic.
Eating several small meals a day as opposed to eating three large ones can help level out insulin so that it will remain stable throughout the day. This helps you avoid the extreme highs and lows often associated with blood sugar levels.
Taking your medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor is imperative and you should never skip dosages nor should you take medication earlier or later than scheduled. Testing your blood sugar levels should also be done precisely as directed.
Once you become accustomed to the diabetic treatment plan developed by you and your doctor, you will feel like a new person because you will be healthier, slimmer, and much more physically fit. The most positive result of the “new” you will be your decreased risk of developing major complications and diseases, enabling you to live a fantastic life.
Eat more starches – include bread (wheat), cereal and starchy vegetables in your daily diet. Aim for six servings a day or more. For example, have cold cereal with nonfat milk or a bagel with a teaspoon of jelly for breakfast. Another starch-adding strategy is to add cooked black beans, corn or garbanzo beans to salads or casseroles.
Eat five fruits and vegetables every day Have a piece of fruit or two as a snack, or add vegetables to chili, stir-fried dishes or stews. You can also pack raw vegetables for lunch or snacks.
Move to sugar free diet – Avoid intake of excessive sugar in the diet.
Eat sugars and sweets in moderation include your favorite sweets in your diet once or twice a week at most. Split a dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth while reducing the sugar, fat and calories.
Beware of food with high calorie – Avoid intake of junk food containing high calories and resulting in over weight.
Related Online Articles:
- Weight Loss Tips to lose weight Fast and Quick
- Hair loss Treatment and Hair Loss Home Remedies and Hair Loss Solution
- Yeast infections causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Yeast infections
- Anti Aging Medicines and Foods and Diet for anti Aging
- Benefits of Yoga Pranayam for Healthy Life
- Vitamins for cardiac health and Heart Tonic for Heart Disease
- The Importance of Opting for the Right Products in Acne Removal
- Colon Cleansing Methods and Techniques and Home Remedies for Constipation
- Heart Disease Causes Symptoms Treatment and Home Remedies for Coronary Heart Disease
- Baldness Home Remedies and Natural treatments of Male Baldness
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.