While leg pain is a common occurrence after an injury, there are many non-traumatic causes of leg pain. Pain in the legs can be present because of conditions that affect bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, nerves, and skin. Most often, inflammation of tissues is the end result of these diseases, and the inflammation is the source of pain. Back ailments may also present with leg pain.
Causes of Leg Pain
The exact cause of a leg cramp is extremely difficult to pinpoint, some of the factors leading to the same are as follows -
1. Muscle fatigue due to overexertion
2. Rigorous exercises
4. Excess weight
5. Electrolyte, hormonal or fluid imbalances
6. Side effects of certain medicines such as diuretics.
7. An unusual or a different exercise than what is done normally.
8. Diminished blood supply.
9. Nerve abnormalities.
10. Nerve and muscle diseases.
Leg Pain Treatment
If you have leg pain from cramps or overuse, take these steps first:
1. Rest as much as possible.
2. Elevate your leg.
3. Apply ice for up to 15 minutes. Do this 4 times per day, more often for the first few days.
4. Gently stretch and massage cramping muscles.
5. Take over-the-counter pain medications like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
Home remedies for Leg Pain
1. The most common home remedy for leg pain is massaging and heat treatment. This works better if there is any problem with the muscles.
2. Coconut is a good natural remedy for knee pain. It works with other leg pains too.
3. If you take 200 grams of mustard oil and 10 grams of camphor and keep the mixture under the sun till the camphor melts, the left over is a very quick and effective home remedy for leg pain.
4. You can try eating few walnuts every morning. This will solve your leg pain fast.
5. Cod liver oil is a very helpful and effective home remedy for leg pain.
6. If you take one or two teaspoon of fenugreek powder with water each morning, it will work as a very functional home remedy for leg pain.
7. There is different yoga available for leg pain and you can practice them to get an effective result. This can be a perfect home remedy for your leg pain.
8. Massaging the painful area with Arthcare oil shows positive result in case of bone injury. This home remedy has been using for a long time against leg pain.
9. You can try wrapping a red flannel around the wounded area to reduce the pain.
10. To avoid some general leg injury due to physical weakness, you can maintain a healthy diet that includes all the basic needs for the body.
11. From light to heavy exercise can help you to increase your physical fitness. Regular walking and running habit will increase the ability of your legs to bear more stress.
12. You can pour a teaspoon of saffron into half cup of water. You can use the mixture three times a day by dividing it in equal parts.
Related Online Articles:
- Weight Loss Diet Plan and Fast and Easy Weight Loss Tips for Healthy Weight Loss
- Gout Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Gout
- Beauty and Fitness for You
- Constipation Symptoms Causes Help and Natural Home Remedies for Constipation
- Liver disease causes and Symptoms and How to Cure Liver Cirrhosis
- Psoriasis Treatment and Home Remedies for skin psoriasis
- Amenorrhea Causes, Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies
- Home Remedies for Diabetes and get rid of Diabetes
- Cholesterol Management and Lowering your Cholesterol
- Tinnitus Causes Symptoms Diet and Natural Home Remedies for Tinnitus
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.