Acne is a skin disorder that occurs due to excess production of oil in the glands and hormonal changes. Acne usually leaves behind scars on the skin which cannot be removed that easily. Mild acne scars can heal without any treatment. They can be effectively treated with home remedies. Whereas scars that are deep remain for the entire life and it is always better to consult a dermatologist for deep scars.
Symptoms of acne
Acne typically causes one or more of the following:
1. Greasy skin
2. Blackheads (open comedones)
3. Whiteheads (closed comedones)
4. Red or yellow spots (pustules)
5. Deep inflamed lesions (nodules and cysts)
Serious Types of Acne Scars
The most serious types of acne lead to the most severe cases of scarring. Needless to say, nodules are the ones responsible for leaving behind permanent scars as opposed to the other kinds of skin eruptions. The appropriate thing to do is to seek immediate medical attention for treating acne and scarring which will further help in preventing spread of skin eruptions, especially if you are suffering from painful nodules. Under normal circumstances, the reddish scars which are caused due to a mild acne attack, fade away by themselves without requiring any kind of treatment. It is important to remember, however, that you should avoid picking or squeezing the scars as these can result in the possibility of permanent scarring. Vaseline or petroleum jelly is not known to be a treatment option of scarring.
Home Remedies for Acne Scars
1. Sandalwood and rosewater paste works wonders on the skin, as one of the greatest home remedies for acne scar. You can make this face pack and apply it on the face, once a day or every alternate day. This will help the scars to fade away as well as improve the texture and quality of your skin. More so, it is great to reduce facial hair (over a period of time).
2. Lemon juice is a great way to reduce blemishes on the face. Lemon being a natural bleach, reduces the melanin buildup and fades the acne scars. Squeeze a lemon and apply it on the scars, with the help of a cotton bud. Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. However, the drawback is that it results in dry skin and photosensitivity. So make sure that you use a sunscreen and moisturizer on your skin, once you rinse the lemon juice off.
3. Tomato and cucumber are great to reduce the scars as well as to improve the texture if the skin. Mix tomato and cucumber pulp and apply on the acne and the scars. Tomato is a natural bleach and cucumber is a natural anti-oxidant. Together, they can make your skin glow and make it blemish-free.
4. Lavender essential oil is a great remedy for scars. Consistent application of lavender oil on the scars will make the scars fade away, as well as, give you an even complexion.
5. This one is a little smelly, but has fast results (as compared to the others). Dab some egg white on the scars. Leave it on overnight. This will lighten the scars, as well as, prevent further acne problems. You can apply it on the entire face to prevent acne, in general.
Related Online Articles:
- Leucoderma Causes, Symptoms and Natural Cure with Natural Home remedies
- Hernia Causes Symptoms Treatment and Natural Home Remedies for Hernia
- Migraine Headaches Causes Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies for Migraine Headaches
- Importance Of Ayurvedic Incense In Reducing Stress
- Vitamins for Headaches and Memory Enhancement
- Immune System Disease Treatment and ways to enhance the Immune System
- Colon Cleansing Methods and Techniques and Home Remedies for Constipation
- Cholesterol Management and Lowering your Cholesterol
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Symptoms Diet and another Treatment for BPH
- Hair loss Treatment and Hair Loss Home Remedies and Hair Loss Solution
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.