Arthritis literally means 'inflammation of the joints'. The term has been derived from two Greek words, 'athron' (which means joints) and 'itis' (which means inflammation). A chronic disease, arthritis can be classified into various types, two being the most commonly found - osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The former usually occurs in the older people, when their joints become week. The latter is a serious disease, which affects not only the joints of the fingers, wrists, hips, knees, and feet, but also the muscles, tendons and other tissues of the body. A few home remedies have been found to be helpful in curing arthritis. Read on to find how to treat arthritis naturally.
Causes of arthritis
This debilitating, painful condition is caused by a wide range of factors including age, wear and tear, joint instability, hormonal factors, environmental factors, or even psychological affects. It can also be caused by food allergy or deficiencies in certain nutrients.
Arthritis treatment is usually done through anti-inflammatory drugs such as NSAIDs and steroids. They often work in providing relief, but they only respond to the symptoms of the inflammation. They are also known to be potentially harmful to the health especially when taken on a long term basis, as they might lead to heart problems and gastrointestinal damage in some cases.
Symptoms of Arthritis
The main symptoms of osteoarthritis are pain and stiffness in the joints. The pain usually increases after exercise. Rheumatoid arthritis is often called the 'cooked food disease'. lt usually develops gradually over several months, with persistent pain and stiffness in one or more joints. Ultimately the whole body is affected. Symptoms include anaemia, colitis, constipation, deformed hands and feet.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
1. Most people don’t realize there are natural home arthritis remedies that offer safe and effective arthritic relief from pain and stiffness. The 5-step goal of the natural home arthritis remedies below is to stop the progress of arthritis as well as to decrease arthritic pain.
2. Eat a healthy anti-inflammatory diet. Nutritional arthritis remedies begin with anti-inflammatory foods. Include more colorful fruits and vegetables, whole grains and omega 3 fish such as salmon. Cut way back on processed foods, sugar, salt, caffeine and red meat. Studies show people who eat red meat daily have twice the arthritis risk as those who rarely eat it. Also drink at least eight glasses of pure water a day.
3. Exercise regularly and moderately. Although it may be the last thing on your mind when your joints are aching, exercise is necessary for both physical and emotional well being. Walking, swimming and yoga are good ways loosen up your joints with a minimum of stress.
4. Reach and maintain your ideal weight. Appropriate weight control reduces pressure on you joints. So you can decrease pain by sticking as close to your optimum weight as possible. To put less stress on your hips and knees, maintain a healthy weight by eliminating sweets and keeping fat intake below 30% of your calories.
5. Reduce stress and improve your attitude. If you have rheumatoid arthritis, besides physical symptoms you might also experience unpleasant feelings. Attitude and stress management techniques include relaxation exercises, deep breathing, visualization techniques and meditation.
6. Include anti-inflammatory supplements. It's impossible to get enough inflammation reducing nutrients without supplements. For example, research shows that people with aching joints are often just lacking in omega 3 oils and vitamin D.
Related Online Articles:
- Psoriases Treatment and Natural Cure of Psoriases and Skin Care Tips
- Immune System Disease Treatment and ways to enhance the Immune System
- Yoga for weight loss and Quick Weight Loss Tips
- 10 Ways to Lose Weight Fast and Quick
- Bad Breath Causes and Bad Breath Cure using Natural Home Remedies
- Ear infection Causes Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies for Ear infection
- Diabetes Mellitus and Control on Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes naturally
- Home remedies for memory loss and Memory Loss Treatment
- Best Vitamins and Food for cell growth division
- Joint Pain and Arthritis Treatment
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.