Remember the dot-com bubble?
It has been ten years now since it began to seriously deflate. The financial climax had its high water mark on March 10, 2000 when the NASDAQ peaked at 5132.52
That was something dangerously irrational, especially if we compare that all time record to the 2.000 points average over the last couple of years.
These days were unique since was just sufficient to have its name ending with the suffix ".com" to receive a uncontrolled stream of Capitals from avid investors on Wall St.
The aftermath was, they've all collapsed, due in part to some extreme manouvres from the Federal Reserve, (6 consecutive cuts of the interest rates) and in part to the so called "Y2K Millenium Bug".
Needless to say, technology giants like Google or Apple these days were not even part of the game.
But not for everyone, at least not for the italian born Venture Capitalist Luca Longobardi, founder of the Miami based Investment Banking State Capital was there and not just randomly.
His business vision helped him to stay focused on some of the hottest start up in both Hi-Tech and Internet arenas. Thanks to that, he built a strong reputation among the Private Equity and Venture Capital firms in New York like in London.
Nowadays, by establishing his new VC Company called HILLSIDE VENTURES, right a decade later, he started to develop new ideas, one of these is YesToDate.com, an online dating site, or Discoverypets.com, a social network dedicated to the hundreds of thousands pet owners living in North America entirely FREE but with its revenues generated from future advertisements or sponsorships contracts. Another brilliant idea is "New York City Taxi Card", a prepaid card working on the VISA and Mastercard circuit, thanks to that, tourists visiting the big apple won't have to use their regular credit card to pay Taxi trips avoiding all the risk related issue do to unauthorized transactions.
Related Online Articles:
- Doorstep Payday Loans for Easy Funds
- Loans for an unemployed 18 year old - Make Your Future Glaring
- Condo or Condotel What are the major Differences
- Taxi Insurance and Boat Insurance
- Income protection plan insurance policy
- SR22 Auto Insurance Only Option for Reinstating the Suspended License
- Loans to Your Door Crunch All Financial Problems
- Follow the safety features to lower the premium bills
- High Risk Driver Insurance Who Need Them and How to Avail the Best Deal
- High Risk Car Insurance For Individuals Who Have a Terrible Driving Record
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.