Computer Security Basics
1. Use protection software "anti-virus software" and keep it up to date.
2. Don't open unknown, scanned or unexpected email attachments.
3. Use hard-to-guess passwords.
4. Protect your computer from Internet intruders -- use "firewalls".
5. Don't share access to your computers with strangers. Learn about file sharing risks.
Disconnect from the Internet when not in use.
7. Back up your computer data.
8. Regularly download security protection update "patches".
Check your security on a regular basis. Understand the risks and use measures to minimize your exposure.
Share security tips with family members , co-workers and friends.
Use protection software "anti-virus software" and keep it up to date.
Make sure you have anti-virus software on your computer! Anti-virus software is designed to protect you and your computer against known viruses so you don't have to worry. But with new viruses emerging daily, anti-virus programs need regular updates, like annual flu shots, to recognize these new viruses. Be sure to update your anti-virus software regularly! The more often you keep it updated the better. With the current virus activity that would be at least once a day if not more. Check with the web site of your anti-virus software company to get regular updates for your software. Stop viruses in their tracks!
For more details about this article,please follow the link: REF
Related Online Articles:
anilkumar vakulabaranam on 2010-12-02 10:00:31 wrote,