Cyber Monday is the most important day of online shopping for the Christmas period. However, reports suggest that next weekend may see the rise of second Cyber Monday.
Cyber Monday, pegged to have been 29th November seems to have been a fantastic day of trading for several leading on line retailers. In fact, it is estimated that around £3,000 a second was spent during the day's flurry of spending. Visa Europe supported this figure by stating that £265m worth of sales were generated during the day.
Cloggs.co.uk saw its traffic double to almost 50,000 visits a day, which translated into a dramatic increase in sales. The site also saw an increase in the amount of customers using smart phones and other hand held devices. This fits in line with Coremetrics report that 4% of sales that day came from hand held devices.
Other site across the web experienced massive increase in traffic. Pricerunner.co.uk saw traffic increase 30% and the US Market saw online sales rise to 19% of 2009 figures. However, several leading etailers such as ebay.co.uk are arguing that infact it will be the 6th December which takes the lead as the "Cyber Monday". Leading on-line media sales site Play.com has stated that they expect to see 1,200 orders taken per minute during the second weekend of Cyber activity.
Cloggs.co.uk is one of the etailers expecting to see a second wave of Cyber activity. "We've experienced a large traffic increase [on the first Cyber Monday] and our range of products, especially our FitFlop Boots, have started selling out fast. But our social media community and historic sales patterns show a second cyber Monday is certainly on the cards"
The varying opinions between the etailers will only be resolved when the next possible Cyber Monday is upon us. However, one thing is clear, more and more people are turning to the internet to get their Christmas shopping completed.
Related Online Articles:
- Storage units are the rented or leased out spaces used to store household or business items
- The laser engraving system
- Thinking of renting out a Boat Storage unit
- GSA Schedule for Small Business Growth
- Everyone hate mosquito during mosquito season people will do almost anything to get relief
- Power Cords Suppliers lighting your life
- Using an Long Island NY advertising agency to expand your Sales
- Ashley Ellis Appoints New VP Of Administration As Company Thrives
- Business Visa Grant Eligibility and Required Documentation Information
- Common Misconception among most small business owners for SBA 8a certification
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.